Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
After just signing the paperwork on my new to me 04 955 and coming from a KTM 640 LC4 Enduro, I would love to see a 675 tiger, especially since Triumph no longer offers a dual sport tiger option any more. Lighter weight would be a MUST. I have not heard anything in the rumor mill though. Build it and they will come. Look at the sucess of the Suzuki V-Strom 650, a bike I almost bought until I rode the Triumph. It must have better HP than the Suzook (over 80 would be nice) and be in the @ 420 lb range and it would be a winner. Price would need to be competitive but I would spend @ 8K for such a bike. Build it Triumph!!!

Cleaver

PS I think I may be a Triumph lifer so I hope there is an option for me to still hit the dirt roads in another 5 years. Although my 04 will still be running strong. Make that 10.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This thread has come up a few times in the last couple of months. The real question, to me, is why Triumph decided to pack it in with the Tiger. The 955 was a good design, and was incrementally approaching GS-status amongst the dual-sport community. The folks at Triumph have done a fantastic job at resurrecting the brand, so they must have had solid reasons for the decision to make the 1050 Tiger a roadie. Unfortunate, but it's a business after all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Modify a Street Triple/Tiger?

I wonder if the fairing and headlight set up would mont up to a Street w/o too much trouble. Anyone with some experience in that area?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I still think that the Scrambler (with better suspension and more ground clearance) is the better option for a dual sport.

·
Registered
172 Posts
They'd better come up with something soon, those F800GS BMtroubleyous are a pretty good thing and no choclate final drive issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How about a dual-sport dealer option?

Kind of like a super-moto kit but going the opposite direction. Triumph could build the bits for turning the 1050 into a proper trailie. That way the folks that want the tall roadie can have it and us die hards that want the off road capability can have that too. A dealer installed option would make the bike significantly more expensive but I'll bet the bike and kit could be had for the price of a R1200GSa. The other upside is full warrantee compliance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts