Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the single sided swingarm of the speed triple would fit onto a 675? i think that would be a really badass look with a shorty pipe that dumps out right behind the lower fairings. any help would be appreciated.

[xiii]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well booo to that. thanks tho budo. if anyone has any insight to SSS for the 675 please dont hesitate :)

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Ok, the thread title caught my eye and I thought I'd comment. I've been working up a "Frankenbike" and the plan (today anyhow) is:
2002 955 frame
1999 Daytona 1200 engine
???? 675 swingarm (but I also have a 02 DSSA)
03 GSXR1000 front end
CBR trottle bodies
MegaSquirt DIY EFI

What I know:
- pivot bolts are the same diameter (a good thing)
- 02 DSSA swingarm pivot area is wider than the 675's (good for me, not good for you (maybe))
- 02 DSSA is 3" shorter than 675 (pivot point to axle) so you're geometry will change
What I don't know:
-How different is the swingarm pivot area between the SSSA and the DSSA? I would guess the SSSA is wider than the DSSA because the fiche calls for another spacer on the left side of the bike (when seated 25mm or so) and the DSSA has quite a gap when mocked up in the 02 frame.

Issues with giving you more info:
-This project is at ma's house and I get to work on it about once every two years or so!
-I didn't have a DSSA pivot bolt to measure (I finally got one but ma would have no idea how to measure it and she also is internet illiterate.)

In your case:
I think the major plus is the pivot bolts are the same diameter.
I think the major drawback will be different widths of the swingarm pivot areas.
I think the minor drawback will be the shortened wheelbase.

Hope this helps.
Triton

·
Registered
907 Posts
does anyone know if the single sided swingarm of the speed triple would fit onto a 675? i think that would be a really badass look with a shorty pipe that dumps out right behind the lower fairings. any help would be appreciated.

[xiii]
might look cool, but the extra weight is gonna suck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts