Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '68 650. The handlebar p-bolt clamps are pretty shabby and want to upgrade them. Does anyone know what other clamps or yokes will fit. I'm not a purist and actually would prefer alloy or stainless. I see some Yamahas that look subtle, but hate to invest without knowing that they...or others... would fit/could be modified to fit. Best of all would be the much later Triumph scripted yoke.
Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
You will also find repop replacements on e-bay and from the regular sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-BONNEVILLE-TIGER-TROPHY-HANDLEBAR-EYEBOLT-P-CLAMPS-P-CLAMPS-PN-97-2291-/251168070671?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a7ac89c0f

I had mine rechromed and it cost me about what these were. I think the chrome on mine is probably a little better but the hassle of dealing with the chrome shop has to be factored in.

Don't forget about the bushings in the top yolk. Usually they need to be replaced along with the rubbers on the bottom side. I just went through this with my '71. It's kind of a chore to deal with it all but does have nice results.

Art.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
If you go with non-standard clamps, try to stay with rubber isolated styles or the handlebar might buzz more than you like.

If you want subtle, I'm not sure that there is a clamp design out that that is more subtle, short of maybe bars with welded on risers and mounting bolts in the ends, hence no clamps.

I'm not sure aluminum clamps would look right on top of a cast steel top yoke. What you might consider to maintain your subtle look, is have them powder coated black. They would melt into the black top yoke. I would think that getting something this small powder coated would be relatively inexpensive.

regards,
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts