Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to have a starting issue with my 52 plate Tiger, I believe it is electrical as it is intermittent aqnd would like a little help if you have experienced a similier issue. It will not always start on the button. Ignition lights up the wurr of the fuel pump can be heard but there is nothing on the starter. Turn her off a couple of times and keep trying and eventually she fires up and we have no problems. I have cleaned the switches on the starter motor and solienoid and start button and also the clutch. I have removed the starting switch loom and cleaned all the connections and still we have this problem. I did notice though that the relays on the left hand side front, the third or second one would occasionally click if you hit the starter button without the clutch in and everyso often would be silent, but when it clicked you could pull the clutch in and she would start, The question is has anyone had the same problem and how did you fix it and secondly what is this relay for ???

·
Registered
724 Posts
Similar happened to me

Check out a thread by Sofalofa, do an advanced search for Starter motor 2005 Tiger. My woes start on page 2 and on page 3 theres a photo of the culprit.

Best of luck
Pete

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy now

Cheers Pete h, I thought i was looking in the right place as everything else was or seemed ok, I took that connector block off about half a dozen times to clean it out and make sure it was connected well. Thing is it has now started first time everytime on the button for the last two days so hopefully it is sorted if not then I will either strip the wires out or replace the wireloom from the grip.

Once again Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks for adding the link Miker, I tried that and failed:eek:

Clive, if it plays up again check for continuity from A in the photo to the other end behind the cockpit, no need to strip the wires out or replace the loom(thinks too much work)
The cut sleeving was fixed up with black tape and does for me:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts