Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just turned 50 last week and decided it was finally time to buy a bike (2006 America) no matter what she said!!! My Father (God rest his soul) had 7 Triumphs when I was a kid. He was a hill climber and a flat track racer. I used to love to go to the hill climbs in Western MD, PA and WV as a pre-teen. He used to park my rear end at the starting blocks and I wouldn't leave for nothing. He had to come back and bring me food and drinks every once in a while but he knew he didn't have to worry about where I was because I wouldn't move. I miss those events. Anyhow, buying a Triumph was always something I wanted to do, and I miss him so I had to do it. I haven't been riding for over 30 years but I can't wait to start. It has been raining and the temp has been at/or below freezing since I got the bike...hopefully I can get out on it this Sunday and re-learn how to ride. I have been peeking at the forums here before I joined and I'm blown away with how kind, giving, and helpful everybody seems to be. A new chapter begins. Can't wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love that story. I recently started riding again after 30 years. I bought my late father-in-law's 2006 America from my brother-in-law (who needed the cash) to keep the bike in the family. His dad (always a biker) bought it at age 80! The first day I ever saw it, I fell in love with it.

I don't know why I ever stopped riding...but it feels like I just turned the clock back 30 years. The America is a great bike, I love it. You'll love yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts