Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I went to Sears and got a 1 13/16" socket, which converts to 46.0375mm, which works perfectly on the axle nut. It's a 3/4 drive socket but Sears also has 3/4 to 1/2 adapter so your 1/2 inch breaker bar or socket wrench will work.

Mike

·
Registered
643 Posts
I bought the 46mm axle socket at Harbor Freight for about $39.00. It also came with about a dozen other large metric sockets, a breaker bar, and a nice metal case.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, I went to sears and they had the 1 13/16 socket and the 3/4 to 1/2 adapter thanks alot fella's. iTo remove the axle nut loosens left right?

[ This message was edited by: jnicosia on 2007-03-13 15:40 ]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also my local auto parts store had one for $12.95...car quest I think it was...you will probably need a breaker bar as well

·
Super Moderator
22,194 Posts
Too late for you, but for others as point of reference:
This impact socket is 1/2" drive so no requirement to add a 3/4"-1/2" adapter to the bill.

Tool Warehouse - 46mm 1/2" Drive Impact Socket - $23.50
They have a minimum $50 price however I bought three & sold on the other two to members for 1/3 of the total cost plus their individual forward shipping.

ToolGopher is only a $1 more but you get to order just one with no apparent minimum

Check around the web with a search on SK Hand Tool 34096 - lots of tool discounters sell it but the price 7 shipping charges varies dramtically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts