Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from Salt Lake City, Utah. My first REAL motorcycle, purchased new in 1971, was a 650 Tiger on which I toured, wheelied, cruised the beach, rode my future Bride and had a wonderful time on. After four seasons, 27,000 miles and one holed piston I sold her to buy a motorcycle suitable for a coast-to-coast, 12 week, 11,000 mile adventure. (750F Honda). Never stopped riding to start a career or family (had the career, forgot to have the kids) and found a '71 Bonneville to fix up 20 years ago, which I ride weekly. Really didn't consider a "modern" Triumph as I was happy with my KTM's, Ducatis and Classic BMWs'. Then I rode a leftover '13 Explorer 1200 a few weeks ago and here I am, a new Triumph owner again. 1500 miles in a week and quite loving it. My Ducati ST4S is looking nervous, as the KTM 950 Adventure is already gone. Thanks Triumph for not making me buy a GS!
P.S. In those 27K on the '71 it taught me how to be a mechanic, but only left me stranded twice (one of which was a shorted-out battery). Not bad, I got stranded my first ride on the Ducati!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Welcome, once you've had a "new" Triumph it's hard to leave the fold. Only a young un my self, only been riding for 37 years but had at least one Triumph in the shed for the last 25. Hope you enjoy the bike and the site.

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A fabulous motorcycle history you have to tell. I am sure you have much to share. We are very happy to have you with us!

I have always wanted to ride an ST4. I still browse Cycle Trader for them every now and then. And my daughter just got her license and really wants a Monster 696. But I also really like the Sprint GT and the older Trophy 1200's, so I imagine if I do get a motorcycle number three it will be one of those.

The Tiger Chat forum is where you will find information, opinions, and conversations about your Explorer. Introduce yourself in there, post photos of your Triumph, and join the conversation!

http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger/

Also, be sure to visit the Classic, Vintage, and Veteran forum for discussions about the classic Triumphs.

http://www.triumphrat.net/classic-vintage-and-veteran/

Make yourself at home, browse the site, and join the banter!

Cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome guys. I belong to a number of forums, and despite what some Dealers would have you believe, get tons of great information from REAL Motorcyclists. Looking forward to hopefully contributing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts