Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Below is the list of parts that I had to replace because they broke, or were otherwise out of spec after 40k miles.
:)

I bought the bike ('07 ABS) 4 months ago at 27K miles. the guy I bought it from told me he did nothing but routine maintenance as well. He bought it at 10k miles.
Needless to say, I'm very pleased. More riding, less wrenching!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice to hear it. Hope it will be just better and better. I'm curious if you already have had to correct valeve clearances in your bike?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Previous owner told me they were all in spec at 24k. I'll have a look myself in about a month or so.

·
Premium Member
24,407 Posts
Traded my "04 Sprint ST 955 a few weeks ago on the new GT 1050.

I had it from new in March 2005 (last of the 955's in stock at the dealer before the 1050's came out that month).
I did 73,000kms on it a lot two up and mostly riding in the hills and a few 4-6 day trips with my wife.

It got a good work out and ran perfectly in all that time this is all that needed doing apart from scheduled services and I changed the oil and filter in between myself:

1 x speedo sender unit (replaced under warranty)
Fuel line quick disconnectors (replaced under warranty)
1 x new battery after 5 1/2 years (Dekka)
2 Flat tyres, 1 destroyed by a bolt through the tyre I picked up
Re - built rear shock

Lots of tyres used but no real problems at all, absolutely beautiful bike that ran like a top.:)

DaveM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.