Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just clocked up 1200 miles today on my one month old Pac Blue St Sprint. Fantastic 200 miles in and around the Yorkshire Dales, sunshine, warmth and dry roads. Superb :D No real issues with bike, gear change between 1st and 2nd bit "clunky" and have hit several false neutrals between 5th and 6th. Engine really is the business,loads of torque makes for less gear changes and a more relaxing ride. Riding ergonomics work for me, no more wrist,neck and back ache after a decent run out. Had the misfortune to smash an indicator stem luckily without any damage to other bodywork.... £103.00. Doh :eek: Posted a couple of pics of my new pride and joy. Hope they turn out.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great Pics!

I ordered my Pacific Blue Sprint a few weeks back. :D

Shes somewhere on a boat between the UK and NZ at the moment. :rolleyes:

One question...

Do you ever find the crash bungs getting in the way of your knees? Some tall guys have commented their knees touch their fairings...

Cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crash bungs

Bungs dont get in the way whilst riding, not for me anyway (5.10, 12stone). Brush your knee when mounting bike, but soon get used to it! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
**GASP**
or wp is really an alien bipedal being with octopus suckers on its inner thighs...
unless
***GASP***
it's a squid!
**GASP**
thud! (fainted dead away at the thought!)
:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wp-alien?

Gizmo rider, you sussed me out! :D No not really a bi-ped alien type, but found tank paint does scuff quite easily. Could be my fault for gripping tank when i get excited!!! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pac Blue mmm!

Really nice pics of the best coloured ST 1050. The clear indicator lens covers are on my list of "must haves". Very nice! :cool:

·
Registered
288 Posts
WP,
Whose frame sliders do you have mounted up? I think I like the idea of double protection on each side (just call me dufus...I've dropped my new '08 in my driveway...yes it landed on my foot...from grabbing too much front brake while turning the front too sharp to make a u-turn to back into my garage. It's embaraasing as hell to have the neighborhood kids come running to pick the bike up off you because your foot is trapped!). But I scratched the paint on the lower fairing, and would like to avoid that in future.:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crash Bungs

Hi Gizmo, the crash bungs fitted to my ride are an R&G item. They are a very well made bit of kit, but do require the fairing to be removed to enable fitting. Check out links on this very informative forum,all you need to know is here. Cost: approx £130, much cheaper than fairing replacement,spraying etc !!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rides Out

Cheers for the info whoosh, will check it out. Will no doubt see you sometime, Whitby, log cabin-Wetwang, Helmsley etc. Will keep the peepers open for the red flash :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts