Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
774 Posts
Too true. I guess it's true: Harleys are definitly superior to any other bike out there. I mean just look at how many accessories,hop ups and clothes you can get! Wow!Why did I waste my time buying a bike that everybody else is'nt riding? I feel like such an idiot!

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
akenaten wrote:

Touch my hog and I'll kick your ass"!Ever hear an owner of another brand say that?
Nope, never have. However......Touch my Bonnie and I'll kick your ass! .....or clean your clock! ..... or somethin' :roflmoa2: :roflmoa2: :roflmoa2:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gee I don't have anything better to do but get 2 of my Triumph buddies and hang out at the Harley store.
It sounds more stupid everytime I say it!!!
akenaten, sounds like you might have got some sand kicked in your face by a Harley rider and now your bitter. You probably should have confronted him rather than carry this with you. Let it go man, it's not worth it. Btw Triumph markets there fair share of clothing. I think the styles suck but to each his own!!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I may not be a smart man, and since I did have to go to Irak, I guess it really is true! Whatever you write on here, or try to reason with some @$$ is going to have something really smart to say to just make me look dumber!!

Once again, I ride both, I ride what I like, you cant say that 10 people on your block are riding Harleys, and you are the only one with a Triumph, and try to justify the comparison. I tried my best to explain why that might occur, but, well ya know, I am dumb!

Nathan :brk:

·
Banned
774 Posts
TC88 you are right. I should let it go. I'll admit that a big tough Harley rider did "kick sand in my face". I cried but I have to admit you Harley guys are really admirable. I wish I could be like you. Tell me: do you have the tassels on your jacket and wear a beanie helmet?When you park your hog do you play the tough "biker" dude to the hilt? Do you have the H-D logo soap on a rope,underwear,tie,condoms,sleepwear,sunglasses,q-tips,and of course the ubiquitous black vest?Do you have the super loud pipes that just scream"look at me!!"
I wish I could be like u.Then I would'nt be such a sissy. :( :razz:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wow, HD and Triumph causing some flaming, never saw that happen before, haha.

I too believe most is in jest, but both bikes are doing well. I just posted US sales numbers for MC in the General Forums. Triumph is doing very well, but HD is doing better. They are number 1 in fact with a larger sales increase percentage. Neither bike is pure US or English made, they both have great heritage and are far better than they ever were. I've been riding for over 40 years and the worst bike today is better than most were "then".

Snobs are in any group including Triumph owners. There are more HD owners so that percentage is a larger actual number of RUBs. You can also look at BMW, Sport, Naked etc. Who cares, enjoy your bike and why you ride. Life is too short.

For you ignorant service men that ended up in Iraq, shame on John F%*&#*+* Kerry and God Bless you and your families for what you do for us.

Peace, Cheers and Ride Safe.
BobW. :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug: :chug:

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I bought my T100 at a place called Cycle Barn in Lynnwood, WA. Up until a couple months ago Cycle Barn was right next door to Harley-Davidson of Seattle, both of these stores part of the "Cycle Barn Motorsports Group". It was not at all unusual to see Harleys in front of Cycle Barn, or Triumphs in front of the Harley Dealership. Ken, the salesman who sold me my Triumph, happens to ride a Harley to work.
But the important thing to me was not whether Ken rode a Harley or Triumph, or whether he even rode a bike at all. What was important to me was that he was honest - and a nice guy to boot. You're going to have some people that are great to be around, and others that are real *******. Harley's don't turn anyone mean. And Triumphs don't make people nice. So I try not to generalize and I thank God everytime I encounter a biker with an attitude that they're not behind the wheel of a car.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
On 2006-11-16 00:23, TC88 wrote:
Gee I don't have anything better to do but get 2 of my Triumph buddies and hang out at the Harley store.
It sounds more stupid everytime I say it!!!
Anything you say would sound stupid.

I refer you to my earlier reply to your original post on this thread:
TC88 said..."I am always amazed at the jealousy and animosity you guys carry with you!
"Hey, lets all go park our Triumphs at Harley dealerships so that we can really piss them knuckledraggers off". Grow up, and maybe someday they will let you join in the fun! "

I replied...
"Jealous of a Harley? Don't make me laugh!
The only reason my bike was outside the Harley shop was because there's a good mobile bacon butty bar that sits in the carpark. I didn't even enter the Harley shop.
As for growinug up and enjoying the fun ... I didn't get to 51 years of age without realising there is no fun to be had with a Harley! "

A bacon butty is more important than looking at Harleys.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.