Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Kinda sad to see Triumph riders lusting after a Harley. Did they make you a good offer on the trade in? ;)

G

·
Did any of the Harley customers ask if they could test ride
one of the "Trumpy's" first and then decide? NOT!!!
Never enter a HD Dealership with a credit card.
Never enter a Triumph Dealership with your checkbook!
You will leave with one less check, but one fine motorcycle!!!

:-g

·
Registered
735 Posts
Looks like it was an overcast day, so Hell's Orthodontists were unlikely to take their Liberace edition Road Kings out.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I was at the local Hog shop the other day. I like some of the bikes, and the people were actually friendly and helpful. Go figure.

I visit bike showrooms (any brand) to see what's out there. Gotta say, there are a lot of nice bikes out there, though I do likes me Bonnie the best.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
English,
You can start a movement. Have RATS in each state get together and park at Harley Dealers all over the country. New customers will be so impressed with Triumphs they will turn around and run to a Triumph dealer.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am always amazed at the jealousy and animosity you guys carry with you! You are supposed to be bikers, but all you do is ***** on the bikes that are outselling everything out there. Why do you spend more time at the HD DEALERS THAN YOUR OWN? Kind of reminds me of a couple of yamaha stratoliner guys I know. Always bashing the MOCO but can't get enough of the open houses and free goodies at the open houses. "Hey, lets all go park our Triumphs at Harley dealerships so that we can really piss them knuckledraggers off". Grow up, and maybe someday they will let you join in the fun! You guys really gotta let this go, you sound like you are 8 years old! :(

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hey, we're just busting chops. Unfortunately internet posting and email removes the other elements of communication that would make the statement less confrontational, and more in the spirit of what guys say to each other face to face a million times a day over drinks or on the golfcourse, or what a standup comic does.

It's gotten to the point that a funny, or snarky comment elicits a nuclear response every time. I thought 'real bikers' were a bit tougher. Maybe Hell's Orthodontists are more fun.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2006-11-15 03:34, TC88 wrote:
I am always amazed at the jealousy and animosity you guys carry with you!
"Hey, lets all go park our Triumphs at Harley dealerships so that we can really piss them knuckledraggers off". Grow up, and maybe someday they will let you join in the fun!
Jealous of a Harley? Don't make me laugh!
The only reason my bike was outside the Harley shop was because there's a good mobile bacon butty bar that sits in the carpark. I didn't even enter the Harley shop.
As for growinug up and enjoying the fun ... I didn't get to 51 years of age without realising there is no fun to be had with a Harley!

:razz:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I bought my 2005 bonny black at a harley shop!
Lucky for me they had it hidden in a room upstairs where no one goes, as it would have sold quick for such a low price for a new looking bike with only 2000 miles on it.

When I picked it up, loads of people at the store asked me about it and were looking at it.

I think the Harleys are good bikes, I have had a few and liked them, but I dont like the idea of jumping on the bandwaggon, there are 10 people within 2 blocks of me with motorcycles, a lot!, and 8 of them have harleys, one has a gold wing based bike, another has some japanse thing, not a real crotch rocket, but some 2 cylinder thing that sounds like a lawn mower and looks like a crotch rocket.

Brett

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
When I was bike shopping I was sure I was going to get a Sportster UNTIL I saw the Speedmaster.

It's not that I don't like the Harleys, it's just that there are only a couple of models I like, and they're $15,000 or more. I often stop by Harley dealers to look at the bikes. Just yesterday I went to a chopper shop to look at Big Dog bikes.

Hey, they're quality motorcycles. You don't have to love them or buy them but you can certainly appreciate them.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I have never been in a Harley shop where the people were not friendly and enthusiastic about motorcycles. Good product line and great shops, just too high end for me. Otherwise......

·
Banned
774 Posts
Mr TC88 needs to mellow out. I think Harleys are nice bikes but they are too much of a bandwagon item. And let's face it,what other brand come with so much snobbery and posing?"Touch my hog and I'll kick your ass"!Ever hear an owner of another brand say that?Too many H-D owners have bought into the born to be wild, I'm a bad-ass hype and marketing. Maybe that's why some people are down on them. I have to admit when I see those packs of dentists,house fraus and chiropracters on their weekend rides wearing their Harley"uniforms" I can't help but think poseur. I know a few H-D owners that aren't into that lame ***** but too many are.Too many Harley owners are the ones that "need to grow up".Too many have the "if it ain't a Hogg it ain't*****"attitude. That's why some are down on them.
But I think at least around here it's all in good fun.So un bunch your H-D logo panties and relax! :-g

·
Registered
589 Posts
It does get old on here with the Harley stuff, I dont know of this bandwagon you guys are talking about. What I do know is that Harley makes about 300000 plus bikes a year, while Triumph is making what 50000-60000 a year, thats a big difference, everyone cant own a Triumph. That is also true about the limited dealers, bad advertising, and no real press at all. I lived in Albuquerque a year plus before I even knew we had a dealer here. I know HD's are more expensive, but when they are more readily available, its what more people are going to ride, hence 8 people in your hood have them as compared to you and your only Triumph! I like a bike I can get parts for as well, no matter how obscure something is that I wanted, they could almost always go in the back and get it, if not it was in their hands in a 2-3 days, unlike Triumph where you never know when anything is going to come in!

Nathan

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.