Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about putting some of this on the Triple. To protect the the front of the tank and flyscreen. Anyone else done this and if so any problems?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I put two large sections on the sides of my Sprint GT excellent stuff, almost invisible and tuff, sticks well, heat to remove, wet to apply then rub out the air bubbles, you can lift and reapply to get a good application. Recommended.
The stuff I used was called " Rino tape "

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put two large sections on the sides of my Sprint GT excellent stuff, almost invisible and tuff, sticks well, heat to remove, wet to apply then rub out the air bubbles, you can lift and reapply to get a good application. Recommended.
The stuff I used was called " Rino tape "
Sounds good. Seems easy enough to apply. On the 17 r triple I picked up a chip on the tank , not bad , just noticeable. Thought I'd give it a try on the 19rs. I'll post up pick when ever I get around to it.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I bought a roll of this stuff, it works excellent. I copied the pieces from the Triumph factory protection kit I bought for my other bike, worked perfectly.
When I go on long trips I put it on the edges of the tank to keep my tank bag from scuffing my paint. When I get home I just remove it and chuck it. Make more pieces next time I go. Well worth it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 13 of 13 Posts