Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Speed Triple is the first bike I've owned since 1964 on which I have kept the stock exhaust. I understand that it weighs a lot and I could get a couple of more hp from an aftermarket pipe, but my bike has all the power I need or want and it just seems too much expense and bother to change it for minimal gain. Plus, in my experience fuel economy goes to hell with all after market pipes and they are also all loud enough to attract attention from the cops, especially these days with all the new noise restrictions. It also looks a lot harder to change the rear tire when the muffler is in the way, like most aftermarket units.

BUT....I could be tempted IF there is a three into three system out there...Anyone seen one? Now that would be nice.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Campbell do a 3-on-the-right system at least for pre 2011 and G.P.R. did a 2-on-the-right-1-on-the-left setup.

But in my opinion both were very backyard engineered looking, so you will probably get better results if you buy 3 of your favourite can and have a local fabricator make a midpipe to connect these to your header.

Also worth considering is the weight bias. At least in the old days of boat anchor thickness exhausts, stacking too many cans to one side made the whole bike balance lopsided.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts