Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

I am excited! I got a great deal on a beautiful 3 into 1 system, courtesy of KiwiGeoff (thanks mate) and finally got out for a run today.
For those of you with a 3 into 1, you already know, the sound is insane. It truly is like no other machine.

It is loud but not offensive (well, to me anyway) just a beautiful low rumble that develops into a bellowing beast!

I've lost a bit off the bottom but mid range is good, hit 7k and yee-ha!

Re-jet and pods to come and maybe FCR's in the future...

Pics to follow,

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
167 Posts
3 into 1`s are fun but 3 into fresh air is even better! (not that i`d ever consider starting my bike with just the down pipes on) :D

I`m working on the get everything exactly how you want it and then make it pretty as clean bikes don`t go any faster :)

Just fitted a pair of 6 pot calipers but now have to sort out the fork dive. :( But hopefully i`ll get that sorted out as i`ve loads of different forks from other bikes so i`ll be doing a bit of experimenting over the next wee while.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hey Matt,

Let me know how the fork thing goes. I put the six pots on last month and that is the next thing I really need to do. Dreading it, as i don;t know a thing about the forks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Matt,

Let me know how the fork thing goes. I put the six pots on last month and that is the next thing I really need to do. Dreading it, as i don;t know a thing about the forks.
Ok, i will do but it might make folks on here`s hair stand on end as i spent so many years making one off custom bikes (not cruisers) then i think i look at things differently and see if a bit from this bike and a bit from another could be used together to decent effect.

So far my research shows that a set of honda blackbird and a set of zx6rr springs will both fit the triumph forks so these might be an option as i`ve already got both of these but i`ll need to check spring lengths ect.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, i will do but it might make folks on here`s hair stand on end as i spent so many years making one off custom bikes (not cruisers) then i think i look at things differently and see if a bit from this bike and a bit from another could be used together to decent effect.

So far my research shows that a set of honda blackbird and a set of zx6rr springs will both fit the triumph forks so these might be an option as i`ve already got both of these but i`ll need to check spring lengths ect.
Hey Matt, the Blackbird forks are 43mm but I don't think they are adjustable like the S3 forks you already have. Would it not be better to rebuild the originals and retain the adjustability?
The only fork change I would do is to USD but I haven't found anything that is any where near the right length.

I'm actually a bit of a fan of the bike that those forks were attached to at one time...

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Matt, the Blackbird forks are 43mm but I don't think they are adjustable like the S3 forks you already have. Would it not be better to rebuild the originals and retain the adjustability?
The only fork change I would do is to USD but I haven't found anything that is any where near the right length.

I'm actually a bit of a fan of the bike that those forks were attached to at one time...

Cheers,

Roden
Err, I just read your post again, you meant the springs obviously,not the entire forks. Doh!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nice bike! I am up in the air about the polished rims, though - oh, wait! - This thread is about the exhaust!

Looks good.

Ditto

·
Registered
238 Posts
3 Into one

Great result Roden - everyone in your street is certainly going to know when you are coming and going. It will be interesting to see what the power gain actually is.

Cheers Kiwigeoff:D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ditto - I'm up in the air about the rims too! It was done when I got the bike, I have always liked the black rims though. Actually, I really like the job Mot did on his S3. Maybe one day I'll get them painted or something.

KiwiGeoff - seat of the pants says I lost a bit off the bottom end but midrange is an improvement and over 7k is yippy-i-a! A lot of popping and crackling on the over run which would be lean mixture me thinks.

Loud it is, just starting it in the garage has the neighbours peering through the curtains :D

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Roden,

They`re nice looking pipes and hopefully once you get the carb mods done then your lower end power will return.

You must have too much time on your hands to be able to keep those polished rims shiny :D Nice looking bike by the way.

Cheers, Matt

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Good job Roden, You'll have to get that bike dirty one day you know!!

Looking forward to riding behind you soon!! :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looking good

The Sprint is looking good Roden & I bet it sounds awesome with the 3 - 1. I'd like to shed some weight off the exhaust myself but I love the dual pipes so I'm looking for some carbon cans.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts