Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry I couldn't resist! Had to keep the moderators on there toes!!! :-D :-D :-D :razz: :) :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
if you see 3 harleys at the triumph store it's cause the american dental association finally figured out the Bonneville is back, and they told their accountants and lawyers. They're there to trade up to real bikes!

Haha, harleys suck.

Just kidding.....NOT! (saw borat last night).

Aww, Harleys are ok, it's just that loose nut behind the handlebars that I have a problem with.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Mare is gonna kick someone's *ss.lol.

I'm going to enjoy a short ride this morning. It's freezing, but it will get into the 50's. I didn't think I would get any ride in this weekend so this is kinda like getting that quickie you weren't expecting.hahahahaha!

I'll let you know if I see any real HD riders out and about (I know I will).

Ride safe boys and girls.

BobW :yayyy: :lollol:

[ This message was edited by: bobw3592 on 2006-11-18 06:10 ]

·
Registered
859 Posts
Bob, I rode a little today, chilly and cloudy, saw about half a dozen bikes, 4 of them Harleys...Don't let the guys that buy a Harley as a fashion accessory cloud the fact that there are a LOT of guys (and gals) who ride Harleys, and ride them well, because they love their machines...I have several friends who put more miles on their Harleys than an awful lot of the guys on this forum put on their Triumphs......

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey Copper, yeah I agree. Riding the Blue Ridge Parkway is not only beautiful, but allows me to meet cool people from all over the country(s) riding their bikes. As I pointed out in 3 Triumphs #1, a few RUB's in every brand. I have met serious riders on all brands and all have been very pleasant to talk with.

I put 7K on my TBA since June and wish it were more. I know many only have time for shorter rides and some easily put twice my miles on a bike. I'm happy for them all. I don't have time for truly negative folks, a little fun flames now and again don't bug me. I think Mare stopped the last thread when it started to get past "fun".

I retired after nearly 3 decades on the same job as you my friend. Stay safe and continue to enjoy doing the Lord's work!

BobW

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if Harley will start to make the training wheel kit like Triumph does for the T100. You know the kit for the guys who have only ridden 4 wheelers and think they speak for the entire 2 wheel community! :nana:
I know Mare is coming after me very soon!!!!! :cool:

·
Banned
774 Posts
I took my training wheels off early so I CAN speak for the entire motorcycling community!Harley riders can't speak for anyone 'cause all they can do is grunt and try to figure out how many items with skulls on them they can order out of the HD catalogue.
Okay I know that's lame but I have a hangover! :puke: :-g

·
Registered
683 Posts
On 2006-11-18 08:12, TC88 wrote:
I wonder if Harley will start to make the training wheel kit like Triumph does for the T100. You know the kit for the guys who have only ridden 4 wheelers and think they speak for the entire 2 wheel community! :nana:
I know Mare is coming after me very soon!!!!! :cool:
Check with your local H-D dealer, the papers are already signed, H-D has teamed up with Lehman, to offer Trikes, and then there is that aftermarket thingie someone developped a few years back to put training wheels on just about any bike.....I can't even remember how many of those we sold and installed at the H-D dealership I worked at.

Odd...the local Triumph dealer hasn't sold any....

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Triumph is in my hart ,BUT
The only other make of a bike out there that I would own
would be a Harley and, some day when I fit the lottery
I will buy one.
Bill

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had them off and on for over 35 years, worked on them, and worked for them.....since '04, IMHO, they're junk. I wouldn't have one newer than an '03, nor would I have an injected H-D.
But that's all personal opinion and rhetoric. I think I'm gonna stick with the Triumphs new and old for a while, and maybe a few other old European bikes if I can......

H-D just no longer holds any attraction whatsoever for me.

My last H-D.....

'03 Softtail Standard...
95" big bore > fitted to.0025" clearance
10.5:1 forged pistons
S&S cam gear drives> gears hand honed and deburred
Andrews 55G cams
S.E Heads> seat blended ports, polished c. chambers
Roller Rockers
Forged rocker supports
6200 rpm rev limitter
44mm CV carb> modified slide, polished venturi
V&H "merged" pipes
Ness air cleaner> "matched and polished" to carb throat
103H.P/109 ft.lbs @ 6000rpm

Floating discs frt and rear
Night Train rear wheel
Cast spoke front wheel
Speedo/tach combo
Corbin seat
Metzler tires

So don't go away thinking I don't know, and haven't lived the lifestyle......but that was my last H-D.....I don't work on them any longer, and have turned down at least 2 dozen "engine jobs" from local in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
859 Posts
On 2006-11-18 12:17, bonnevillebilly wrote:
Triumph is in my hart ,BUT
The only other make of a bike out there that I would own
would be a Harley and, some day when I fit the lottery
I will buy one.
Bill
I hear you on that...I want a Harley along with my Triumph. I go back and forth between wanting a new Road King or an old shovel head FLR...The shovel is more work, but I am a sucker for older iron.

Of course I also want a Norton, and a BSA and a KLR 650 and a Triumph 650 chopper and a WWII Indian and a old BMW and a Trophy and 70's CB550 and and and and .....Oh and also a pony!

:-D :razz: :-D

Bobw, glad to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, retirement is not a myth! Enjoy, you earned it after 30 years on the road!

[ This message was edited by: Copper on 2006-11-19 08:46 ]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.