Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much anticipation the 2bros m5 can arrived today. That was a happy moment. However, after installing it and start to hear the exhaust note I started looking at it closer and I cannot use my hardbags. In fact I had to take the entire mounts off. Clearance between the can and the tire is less than inch&a half to one inch and the stock clamp is not small enough to tighten down. I called 2bros and after a few minutes I finally got a number for the CS mgr.

I'm really bummed now as I even after a couple of phone calls to 2bros and describing my set up no one told me that I could not use the can with hardbags. Now Im not sure what to do after spending the bucks for a m5 Titanium slipon and the guy I talked to made a big deal about the fact that I started the bike and let it run for about 5 minutes.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
There is a possibility that they will allow a return if you insist. They might try to say that you did not ask if they worked with the factory bags, but the counter to that would be that there is an implied serviceability on their part. It is on their ticket to inform their customers that it is not compatible with the bags.

Have you examined their literature/catalog to see if there is such a disclaimer re the bags?

The last resort is to do a charge back on your credit card and then present your case in that arena.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well after much anticipation the 2bros m5 can arrived today. That was a happy moment. However, after installing it and start to hear the exhaust note I started looking at it closer and I cannot use my hardbags. In fact I had to take the entire mounts off. Clearance between the can and the tire is less than inch&a half to one inch and the stock clamp is not small enough to tighten down. I called 2bros and after a few minutes I finally got a number for the CS mgr.

I'm really bummed now as I even after a couple of phone calls to 2bros and describing my set up no one told me that I could not use the can with hardbags. Now Im not sure what to do after spending the bucks for a m5 Titanium slipon and the guy I talked to made a big deal about the fact that I started the bike and let it run for about 5 minutes.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Well, I may be in the same boat. I just got an M2 and after reading your post I called TBR tech support (just got off the phone) and got the same indifferent answer you did ("We don't test our systems to see if they work with luggage so we don't make any claim that they won't work". I mentioned that since they don't say that they WILL work they may want to put up some kind of message that it MAY NOT work with factory luggage. Kinda fell on deaf ears.

Fortunately I haven't removed any parts from the box yet. I'll have to contact my dealer to see if it can be returned if fitment is an issue.

I'm kinda pissed now as I passed up getting a CF TOR for an 01 Sprint as I had the TBR on order.

Sorry you had to go thru this first. By some chance you didn't get the Hi-mount vs the Slip on??

Regards,

Gerry

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I may be in the same boat. I just got an M2 and after reading your post I called TBR tech support (just got off the phone) and got the same indifferent answer you did ("We don't test our systems to see if they work with luggage so we don't make any claim that they won't work". I mentioned that since they don't say that they WILL work they may want to put up some kind of message that it MAY NOT work with factory luggage. Kinda fell on deaf ears.

Fortunately I haven't removed any parts from the box yet. I'll have to contact my dealer to see if it can be returned if fitment is an issue.

I'm kinda pissed now as I passed up getting a CF TOR for an 01 Sprint as I had the TBR on order.

Sorry you had to go thru this first. By some chance you didn't get the Hi-mount vs the Slip on??

Regards,

Gerry
I am going to push the issue with TBR. There has to be a solution. The problem is with the midpipe and the bracket. I am going to check with a local exhaust place about a custom midpipe solution however I dont think that I should bare the cost of the pipe and bracket. I am calling TBR tomorrow when the manager gets in and make my case. Ill post updates as this progresses. BTW I do love the sound of the TBR very nice especially compared to the Stock silencer and it definitely needs remapping. As a side note the OEM Triumph Race Can will work with the bags just wish it had the same exhaust note as the TBR

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Well, I think I tried to warn you in a subtle way in a previous thread.

I hope you can get it sorted out.

Don

·
Registered
999 Posts
<snip> BTW I do love the sound of the TBR very nice especially compared to the Stock silencer and it definitely needs remapping. As a side note the OEM Triumph Race Can will work with the bags just wish it had the same exhaust note as the TBR
Yes, the TBR does sound great (even with the power tip installed) and removes a 'ton' of weight off the right rear. I was suprised at the weight of the stock can.

Yes, the TBR will not mount properly if you have the factory hard bags installed without some additional improvisation.

Yes, the remap does need to be done. Hopefully your remap will go better than mine as my bike is still at the dealers with codes that can't be cleared, a tacho that indicates my idle is 5500 rpm, and repeated down load attempts that fail at 87%.

Yes, the TOR will fit with factory hard bags and although it sounds good not as good as the TBR.

Don't know if the problem will be resolved today. In retrospect I should have just left the stock system on.

Gerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts