Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright you US tiger riders, she's about ready for the 24k service and it looks like a bigee. Valves, fork oil, brake fluid, engine service. This is gonna hurt. What did you pay for yours? It's a 2005 and nearly out of warranty. Thanks in advance for your input!

Brian

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
$800 :(

Those low-maintenance HD fellas are looking pretty smart right about now.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
On 2007-02-27 13:00, brittour95 wrote:
$800 :(

Those low-maintenance HD fellas are looking pretty smart right about now.
You can save a fortune by doing a lot of it yourself if you are prepared to. I do not know how competent you are with a spanner etc, but i have now got round to doing all my own setvicing except...... getting the throttle bodies balanced. My vacuum guages are good, but not good enough to balance them accurately enough for the ECU.

Got the shim removal tool which made the valve shims a piece of cake and the rest was just about taking it easy and going step by step.

I am NOT going to pay £450 again to service a motorcycle !! My car is cheaper tp service for heavens sake !!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim,
I know you're right. I need to get with the program and develop those skills. I can do the oil change, fuel filter, air filter - I just don't want to pull the valve cover. I suppose that the brake fluid change would be easy enough, and I could probably do the fork oil. Someday...

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts