Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rode from Bowie, AZ to Gilbert, AZ on a single tank of gasoline.

222 miles,

without touching a foot to the ground
same piece of chewing gum
stock seat
the range display went from 10 miles to --.-- at the very end.

It took 4.4 gallons to refill the tank.

That works out to 50.45mpg, cruising with full cases, speedo at ~85mph, and a 190lb rider.

It's freakish how accurate all the different displays are... At Bowie, I left with the range display indicating 224 miles on a full tank. My fuel economy display reads 51mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great milage story

I filled my tank and have driven 184 miles and only used 18 gallons. Oh yeah its a full sized 1 ton Dodge 4X4. I just got a Speedmaster, but weather sucks here (Seattle area) for now. Gotta wait for Spring to ride. Dang it!

"If you are in full control of your bike, you aren't going fast enough"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just can't say how much I love this bike.

The only thing it's lacking is an additional "tail" on the back, D-cup & maybe about 135 lbs...

I gotta do more scrounging at the bars instead of putting on miles.

Aside from that, fix the speed limits to 115 mph and I'd be in Heaven.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thats good, and you had the same piece of gum all the way huh ?

I've yet to do a long run on my Sprint but expect to get a good mpg figure and tank range when I do.

I once managed to make a pair of Y fronts last me a whole month, I admit I did have to turn the inside out and back to front but not bad huh ?

Pete

·
Registered
33 Posts

The only thing it's lacking is an additional "tail" on the back, D-cup & maybe about 135 lbs...

I gotta do more scrounging at the bars instead of putting on miles.

Aside from that, fix the speed limits to 115 mph and I'd be in Heaven.
:D I'm more of a 115 & C 'tail' myself, and good thing right hun? (I think she looks in on my activities :eek:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Pretty Cool huh Deputymac?:)

I ride mostly with an 2 x R1s, GSX R750, and a ZX10.

They all run dry and I still have half a tank!:D

DaveM:cool:
Me too Dave, I had a 4 gallon tank on the warrior, and I was always "the weakest link" on trips. Now when we make a fuel stop, it is not because "I have too"

great mileage Deputy; I can only seem to get 180+- miles out of a tank, but i chew more gum, and Im on and off the throttle more. got to love living within 50 miles of deal's gap:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it was all constant speed. A few times I put my left fist on the fuel tank and put my chin on my fist.

·
Registered
56 Posts
+1 for the miles

I'm actually getting better mpg since I put on my Tridents, can't understand it personally. Saw about 55 mpg on my last ride!

It was only for about 3 hrs including lunch but i barley put a dent in the tank.

Oh ya, I already have the extra "tail", only mine holds a little more with a DD cup at a carbon fibre light 125lbs. ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
:SadSigh:

Your killin me! lol

My 2001 St USED to get that mileage...then with no explanation dropped to 37-40 mpg. I have tried various things to correct it to no avail. I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow to have them hook it up to their computer and see if they find any causes. :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts