Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2020 T120
41 Posts
The old link pipes idea sounds good if you can confirm that they will mount up correctly to the 2022 mufflers and the xpipe. Start with are the mufflers and headers the same part numbers as the older model.
This sounds like a great solution if you like the original exhaust. Kept mine as the style was what I was looking for and upon looking through them while off the bike you'll notice there's nothing inside impeding the exhaust flow. It's just a straight through silencer with baffles around the outside. This is a very uniquely engineered exhaust which was all done to hide the CAT. Reports of there being a secondary CAT in the rear of the system sounds incorrect to me. CAT's are most effective closer to the exhaust and are super expensive due to the rare three precious metals used. I'd check with DNK to see if this is an option? Do buy a tune while you're at it. Nothing woke up the the bike more than that!

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
You can bank of this. EPA and Euro regulators are coming for us. Motorcycle inspections probably aren't far off either. Just my 2 cents.
In Nevada? Hahah. Seriously, our SMOG test system would have to be significantly revamped to deal with motorcycles. I assume that Nevada smog is the same as California which requires measurement of hydrocarbons, NOx, and CO. They don’t actually measure anything; the car has the sensors and reports it. I’m pretty sure that the new T120’s don’t have such sensors. There could be an inspection to see if the catalytic converter is present but this isn’t done even in California. However, inspections are done in Europe. So, if you can figure out a way to swap the cat box in and out you should be in good shape, at least if you keep the OEM mufflers. I just bought an aftermarket SC-Project muffler which was EURO 4 compliant, so we’re not necessarily as restricted as it may seem.

·
Registered
2020 T120
41 Posts
In Nevada? Hahah. Seriously, our SMOG test system would have to be significantly revamped to deal with motorcycles.
Wouldn't bet against it. The new spending bills that are being passed have more EPA BS in them than you can believe. While I want to think this isn't happening, in reality it is! Never in my life would've I thought the "Green New Deal" could / would see the light of day. Hate to be such a Debbie downer.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Wouldn't bet against it. The new spending bills that are being passed have more EPA BS in them than you can believe. While I want to think this isn't happening, in reality it is! Never in my life would've I thought the "Green New Deal" could / would see the light of day. Hate to be such a Debbie downer.
There isn’t going to be a green new deal, certainly not as it affects motorcycle emissions, any time soon. The only emissions testing now is that done by the manufacturers of new vehicles which must comply with EPA and CARB standards. You can’t f):k with your car’s emissions equipment. Why should it be any different for on road motorcycles? Rather than mucking around with low power bikes like Bonnevilles, why not just move up to something with a lot more power? There are plenty of obnoxiously loud, compliant aftermarket mufflers cable if that is your thing.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts