Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hey guys a quick update on this, I contacted British Customs and they assured me they have a solution in the works for the '22 T120. I was put on a contact list to be alerted, once it's available. So I think I'll wait on this mod until this happens. I'm sure other companies like TEC, Motone, etc. are also working on similar products so hopefully we'll have a few options.

In the meantime, I'll get a center stand, maybe heated grips for the fall, and just ride this great bike :)(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting on the updates from BC…I emailed them a few weeks ago, and they said they are getting in a 2022 T120 very soon and will start testing exhausts and pipes.

I will keep an eye out for any updates as well. Maybe I’ll call them again to get on that contact list as well!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting on the updates from BC…I emailed them a few weeks ago, and they said they are getting in a 2022 T120 very soon and will start testing exhausts and pipes.

I will keep an eye out for any updates as well. Maybe I’ll call them again to get on that contact list as well!
Ya, some more details on this from BC - it'll be a replacement from the headers back. Which, isn't really what I was looking for. I basically ONLY want an x-pipe with extended length to reach the silencers (I don't want to replace the header pipes.

But - if BC's solution looks & performs well, it's likely the way I'll go. I'd like to stay with black, but if they offer a brushed option I'd consider it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
From BC:

"Our Replacement Header will replace the factory head pipes, mid-pipe, and Catalytic Converter. The header is designed to work with our Slip-on Exhaust. If you have additional questions, plese do not hesitate to contact us."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the update!
I’m hoping they’ll offer the performance tips eventually, too. That would seem to be a less costly alternative to removing the entire system.

They clamp onto the exhaust pipes that come off the cat, and sit in place of the stock pea shooters. 🤔

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks for the update!
I’m hoping they’ll offer the performance tips eventually, too. That would seem to be a less costly alternative to removing the entire system.

They clamp onto the exhaust pipes that come off the cat, and sit in place of the stock pea shooters. 🤔
Sure thing. If I understand you correctly, they already offer silencers that will fit onto the stock exhaust link (mid) pipes. Predator Pro or Sleeper Pro. They'll sound good, but not nearly as good as getting the cat out as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone looked to see if the 2022 headers and mufflers have the same part numbers as the older model?
I’m not sure about the part numbers concerning headers but I do recall reading a press release stating that the Euro 5 – 2022 T120s now have a cat in each muffler in addition to the main cat under the engine. So most assuredly the mufflers have a different part number.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I’m not sure about the part numbers concerning headers but I do recall reading a press release stating that the Euro 5 – 2022 T120s now have a cat in each muffler in addition to the main cat under the engine. So most assuredly the mufflers have a different part number.
Had no idea about additional cat in each muffler, wow. Honestly now I'm leaning toward just replacing this entire exhaust, likely with the British Customs solution mentioned above (and Sleeper Pro's).

The T120 is still amazing, so I don't mind waiting for the right solution next year. If I'm going to do this (de-cat), I'm going to do it right.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Has anyone looked to see if the 2022 headers and mufflers have the same part numbers as the older model?
The header pipes & silencers are likely the same, but now the cat is welded to the link (mid) pipes (in my '22 T120, and a few other models). So the cat & link pipes now one big part.

My original idea for the de-cat, mentioned above, was: Get a standard x-pipe and just order 2016-2019 link pipes / clamps / gaskets from the dealer. Decided to wait for a better solution.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The old link pipes idea sounds good if you can confirm that they will mount up correctly to the 2022 mufflers and the xpipe. Start with are the mufflers and headers the same part numbers as the older model.
Dealer says they dont mount up correctly. Hoping the aftermarket guys (Zard, etc) were ready with parts. Guess it may be spring time before that heppens.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Dealer says they dont mount up correctly. Hoping the aftermarket guys (Zard, etc) were ready with parts. Guess it may be spring time before that heppens.
Dealers don’t always give the true story. I would still ask them for the part numbers. I believe 2021 has the welded cat.

For 2018:

muffler (L) T220189
Link (L) T2205807
Header (L) T2206502

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
2021 and 2022 are the same - my T120 is a 2022. Triumph announced them as 2021 last spring but the bike that came in to the dealers' were considered 2022. Same bikes / same welded cats. I don't quite understand how the 2021 / 2022 designation works, but my dealer explained it had something to do with no "2021" T120's being produced during Covid lockdowns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Anything further? I have a new 2022 T120 Black that is crying for a decat ....
Nothing more from me on this, my final decision was to wait for British Customs' solution next year. No estimated date of availability, but I decided I'm in no rush so it all works out. They're basically producing a full exhaust replacement from the headers back. I'll put Sleeper Pro's on mine, then (if necessary) install a custom tune from DNK Tune Works. Kind of hoping they offer a brushed finish, I think it would look great on the T120 Black. Otherwise I'll stay with all black.

For now - the bike is amazing, still pulls like a monster, and I'm just enjoying my summer rides. It runs a little warm and it's pretty quiet, but it's still a blast to ride.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
my 18 T120 with an unkown link pipe + BC Sleeper pros installed by prior owner sounds good but not loud!! not sure about tuning but theres no booster plug on it, a great sound when winding it a bit but not raspy like the preds on my traded 2012. i can attest for freespirits great fitment on my 2019 street scrambler + unless stopped a bit can rest my leg on the pipes without issue!! sounds a bit more growly but the OE muffles stays as i plan sidecar duty for it. as for welding Lowery's Custom Welding in Nespcopeck did a great job welding my very thin costly 304 polished exhaust tip with stainless rods, he is certified for bridge work + has all the goodies, a nice fair priced guy IMO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
my 18 T120 with an unkown link pipe + BC Sleeper pros installed by prior owner sounds good but not loud!!
I'm curious, did you de-cat? Predators are louder than sleepers but I wouldn't consider sleepers not loud. Volume is perfect. But if your bike wasn't de-cat'd, you'll get no volume from the sleepers (barely more than stock pipes)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
my T120 was decatted by former owner as well as the sleepers, my 2012 had no cats from new + the stainless baffles in the beautiful polished preds did little IMO considering it was a smaller engine as well. i dont feel the sleepers are loud, JUST RIGHT IMO, + they only "talk" when on it + pleasant while just riding. i never heart a stock T120 so no comparo BUT my 2012 mag wheeler sounded like a "sewing machine" IMO

41 - 60 of 86 Posts