Votes: 11 52.4%
  • speedmaster2019 - #16

Votes: 10 47.6%

2022 - November Triumph of the Month Challenge

23K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  SandraTodd 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

Congrats again to @BritRider, October's winner.​

High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  1. Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  2. Unless otherwise stated you may submit up to 5 photos
  3. Voting will take place the last week of the month
  4. Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  1. One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  2. A profile badge to show off your winner status
  3. A place in the TriumphRat.net winner's gallery
  4. Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to those who enter!
~MR

See less See more
#2 ·
The current speedometer (odometer) reading on my 2007 bonnie, it had stuck on 52mph even when parked, this is from last Saturday when the weather was raining a feckin lot. I had ridden nearly 50 miles in this weather to meet my mate Dubb as he was known as a teenager, though his given name is Chris, we have known each other pretty much since he was born, as he lived next door to me up until I moved out of my Dad's house age 18. Not very long after this he gave me a lift and we crashed into a car (a ford capri for those who wanna know), this was march 1980, and I was in hospital for a month in traction. I snapped my femur, shattered my pelvis, broke 4 ribs and a shoulder blade, all down one side of me.

we sort of fell out a bit not long after this and I had only seen a few times since, last time c30 years back.

Anyway, I got there and he showed up just after me, it was raining so heavily we chatted with our lids on, only for about 10-15 mins then both went our own ways, both of us soaked through. we will meet again.

as an aside, I have had the bonnie 3 years and 3 weeks, covered about 13000 miles in that time, during lots of breakdowns, when I first had which the shop fixed after about 4 attempts and then about a year back which took me a long time to resolve, with help from this forum in the end, as it was an intermittent fault with a part I did not know was there, and of course during covid lockdown when we could not go anywhere except work of shopping, I did some chemist runs for some elderly and infirm neighbours which meant I could take the bonnie out.

so all of us have covered some miles, and the road carries on, enjoy it whilst you can

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Speedometer Odometer Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

#3 ·
The current speedometer (odometer) reading on my 2007 bonnie, it had stuck on 52mph even when parked, this is from last Saturday when the weather was raining a feckin lot. I had ridden nearly 50 miles in this weather to meet my mate Dubb as he was known as a teenager, though his given name is Chris, we have known each other pretty much since he was born, as he lived next door to me up until I moved out of my Dad's house age 18. Not very long after this he gave me a lift and we crashed into a car (a ford capri for those who wanna know), this was march 1980, and I was in hospital for a month in traction. I snapped my femur, shattered my pelvis, broke 4 ribs and a shoulder blade, all down one side of me.
Reminds me of the Sammy Hagar song "I Can't Drive 55" better yet "52 Girls by the B-52's 😎🎷

#7 ·
1976 Tiger, I believe this to be the actual mileage, 2200 miles in the US and the rest back here in England in the last year or so. There were a bunch of missing parts when I got the bike, there were no hand or foot controls or brake masters for example, so it took a little while to get roadworthy.
I must say, I’ve enjoyed every one of the miles I’ve ridden.

#8 ·
Here is a picture of my odometer but I'm not sure if this will count?
Sleeve Wood Temporary tattoo Font Wrist

It's a tattoo on my fore arm, the photo the tattoo was copied from came from my old 1977 Honda CB750four F1. My Dad and I restored 2 of said bikes (one for each of us), a few years ago and we enjoyed spending many evenings and weekends in the garage working on them together. It would be nice to do another father son project. We have also done a few ford capris, Rover P6, Austin 1300 and a jaguar XJs over the years but the 750s meant the most as my Dad had a few of them back in the day and sold his last bike just before I was born.

#13 ·

I'll be back in the next few days to get the voting started! If you haven't entered yet, now's the time to do so.

This month's theme was odometer; if you have not included a pic of your odometer, please go back and toss one in so I can include you in the poll! 😊

~MR

#14 · (Edited)
This is my 2001 Triumph Sprint RS. She was purchased on Florida and shipped to Germany, which is where we met. She had 2300 miles on the clock when I purchased her in October 2006 (she's got just over 63kms on here now, so that's almost 40k miles). She was totaled in March of 2007 (still have the scratches on the left side as a reminder, too!), shipped to the U.S. later that month (when I moved there from Germany) rebuilt by the now nonexistent Triumph dealer in Campbell Springs, Maryland (yeah, they did decent work but didn't replace my bent forks, filled my cooling system with water, and billed me for it all just the same, which my wonderful Triumph dealer in Worms, Germany promptly identified and corrected for me) and then shipped back to Germany in June 2008. She's been to the Nürburgring and to Interlaken, Switzerland and numerous other places around Germany, and she's always a joy to ride. Unfortunately, I generally only have time to ride her on my 100-mile daily commute to Wiesbaden, Germany, and back to the house. But I always look forward to those days, weather permitting. Oh, she's also been upgraded to LED headlamps and a Lithium Iron battery. I still think that she's sexy AF! ;-)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

#16 ·
10,872 glorious miles since I bought my 2019 Speedmaster (new) in May 2020. Break in the weather yesterday... freezing in the morning, but warmed up nicely by noontime. Wore my thermals and leather, heated gloves... perfect. Went for my usual 2-hour ride - Warwick, New York; Greenwood Lake, New York / New Jersey. Happy Thanksgiving! (To those who celebrate it.) Cheers.

Tire Wheel Water Sky Vehicle

Boats are all in for the winter.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Fence

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Plant

Bellvale Creamery... no ice cream today. :(

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light

View from the Creamery...

And this was my musical selection for the return portion of my trip, played through the JBL "boombox" on my handlebar... (Yes, a multimedia submission - pulling out all the stops!)

Reactions: Viking Power
#26 ·
My wife wanted to vote too. I asked her what she would vote for - we chose the same. Imagine.

All are awesome! Loved the '76 Classic speedometer. Have many miles behind a pair of Smith's instruments. Look to clock up a bit more.

#33 · (Edited)
My previous response was pc. Too pc. I loved them all. I did. But I went with the rain shot jerrybondy had (wife, unofficially, too) due to it being a rain shot. I thought it showed "baseballs" to actually be out there. In the rain. My brother-in-law was, my sister was, and now I am in law enforcement with the knowledge that rain raises the oils from the roadway to make a highway slick where it wasn't yesterday. NOW. With that in mind, I do not expect the next entries to be loaded with water droplets to gain a vote!!! Don't spray your bike with a hose pipe to gain a vote. Will not worky worky! 😉 Seriously, all were good. I'd ride any of the bikes shown. Proudly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.