Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Blackl99, I find my 2015 94R also has Ohlins springs that are too firm for most public roads. While It's an absolute hoot, fabulous on smooth tarmac & track, I run softer than comfort, but trying to keep up with my lads V4 Tuono Factory on the Scottish Highlands NC500 bumps really showed the Aprilia to have a far better setup despite it being fitted with almost identical Ohlins suspension components. For the same reason (and the lack of luggage rack options) I'm still undecided about trading up to a 1200RS, more likely getting softer ohlins springs fitted.
I'm seriously hoping Triumph drop the 1200RS 120 degree, chain driven engine in a light 1200 Sprint without making it lardy like the new 1200 Tiger with all that shaft drive weight. If they don't i might buy a 1200RS motor & do it myself 馃槣

Registered
Sidpost, good to hear other manufacturers are finally providing luggage for the Speed Triple 1200 RS.
I have a SW-Motech rack on my 94R, so think SW Motech are likely to produce one for the RS, just so i have the option to throw a box on with a tail pack & tank bag for those longer trips abroad, where i can put in a few laps on a stopover in Adenau :)

Registered
Red Baron, Good post :)
I'm currently running PR4's on my 1050 94R & 1050 TigerSE I often run lower pressures in summer & on track, ironically the 1050 Tiger was also oversprung from new, Triumph actually picked up on this & changed the spring rates a couple of times on 1050's !
I couldnt get hold of a Maxton shock at the time I had it stripped, so got my stock shock rebuilt & recharged by KAIS in Manchester with a softer Hyperpro rear spring. My Tiger glides over some of the bumpy roads that I still get a size 10 kick up my rear from on the 94R Hence me thinking the same route on 94R & after some of the comments I've read I was under the impression the RS was similarly set up? .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts