Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

1st post!

Proud new owner of a '21 Speed Twin. Really really enjoy it minus the suspension. Rears are already changed and I am installing a set of Evo cartridges from Andreani.

I have searched and searched for this answer but cannot find a definitive. I have seen some say that they followed the Ohlins approach and left the left side in/removed the right and others say they left both in and then others say the took both out.

In the install, are any of the oil locks required? I would think not BUT it would save some time/seals to not have to break them down all the way.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. The fronts are tore down and ready :)

Thanks all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Given the instructions I have already seen I am not real optimistic that would help.

So, looking for someone who has done this on their bike themselves and would know.

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin
26 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum! I don’t have any experience with that mod so I can’t speak to it. I hadn’t even heard of that manufacturer before your post. Sounds like their documentation leaves a bit to the imagination?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the cartridges are anything like my Nitrons then yes you have to take apart the forks completely. There are components in the bottom that can’t be removed without disassembly. I did not have to do any machining though which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the event someone ever searches..

The oil locks are discarded per a reputable suspension shop. Both L/R forks need to be completely disassembled so that the black plastic oil locks can be removed from the bottom of the upper tube.

I have heard mention of "machining" but that is not needed on the Speed Twin. At least not on a 2021.

Thought I would close the loop and provide an answer for other's sake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts