Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Totally agree, somewhat underwhelmed by the new T100 options which has made my decision to pick up a T100 Black with the £1,000 towards accessories significantly easier. However those accessories won’t include the current bar-end mirrors which the configurator is currently quoting £288 for!
Plenty of cheaper options out there! Mine are Oxford (from memory) - cost about $40 - now 7 years old, and have been on 4 different bikes

·
Registered
2017 Bonneville T120 Black
383 Posts
I'm in the market for a T120
Isn't adding a heated grips easier after buying the bike than cruise control?
Don't really care about aluminium or steel wheels? Eventually I plan to go with woody wheel down the line
The two are much of a muchness, there's more fiddly physical work with adding grips but you need a new map loaded if you add cruise control.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
It’s been awhile since I swapped tank badges but I think the standard T120 badges were always screwed into the tank. The foil logos on the stock badges covered the screws. I agree with everything else you’ve posted though. Personally, I think it’s a shame Triumph didn’t throw in a 7 inch version of the Bobber headlamp for the T120.
I’m betting those are faux screws on a stick on badge.

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Plenty of cheaper options out there! Mine are Oxford (from memory) - cost about $40 - now 7 years old, and have been on 4 different bikes
I'm still on my first set of Oxfords. Fitted them to my Daytona and then took them off and put them on my Scrambler and now they're on my Stelvio. Has 'em 15 years and they're just getting to the point where when I trade the Stelvio, they'll stay with her.

·
Registered
2018 Triumph T120 Special Edition
901 Posts
Just an observation..

I've been looking to replace my 2018 Tiger, which turned into a Lemon after 7 months of ownership. Of the many bikes I've looked at in the last 3 months, none of them has 'everything' I'd want or need.

The problem is that bikes seldom have everything, that everybody wants. So how does Triumph make everybody happy?

They don't... but yet people still buy them. Part of the fun for me is customizing it. I can always wish for this or that, but the bottom line is the bike comes as it does whether we like it or not. Speculation can be fun though...

·
Registered
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
326 Posts
I remember a huge outcry when the first Hinkley Bonnevilles didnt have a locking fuel cap.😉

I still think for the quality of finish and 'the look' you get a great bike. Yes I am a Triumph fan boy lol

I had a $30000 BMW that had paint issues,switich block issues and catastrophic final drive issues. So i suppose all mass produced items will occasionally have flaws.

How about we enjoy the fact that Triumph are still around?

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
713 Posts
The problem is that bikes seldom have everything, that everybody wants.
I must be one of the lucky ones... My Speed Twin has pretty much everything that I want, and nothing that I don't - just took a few minor mods to finish it off (most of which I suspect were anticipated by the designers anyway) 😀

141 - 148 of 148 Posts