Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Banned
480 Posts
I like Triumph and all and don't want to seem negative but anyone else wonder if all this hoopla for nothing is a precursor to a price increase?
T120s are already kinda pricy for tube tires, non floating discs (when T100s have them), and now no center stand or grab bar.

While they're taking stuff off keep the cruise control and give us tubeless tires, floating discs, and put back the center stand.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Well I did see another clip where the Triumph rep made quite a lot of the fact that the cat is indeed mostly responsible for the reduction in emissions and that it contains a lot of very expensive precious metal. Even assuming the cruise control is offset by the ditching of heated grips and centre stand, those wheels won’t a have come cheap. The weight saving engine internals were already, I assume, in play in Speed Twin engine so minimal cost there.
But yes, a price hike is inevitable I’d say.

·
Registered
2020 T120 Black (Gloss)
10 Posts
I'm in Colorado. The dealership I found was in Iowa that was selling it that cheap. The only dealer fees I had was a $495 freight charge, and a $295 dealer set-up. That's it from them. Aside from that I will have to pay shipping from Iowa to Colorado which I'm getting quotes in the $500s. So in total before tax I'm looking at around $9,840 on a bike that's MSRP was $12,100 (T120 Black w/ the Matte Black paint)
Yea, that's a nice deal! Helluva bike for that money.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Seems like the heavier HT crank has been dropped - saving production costs and losing some of the character of the T120 at the same time, so that’s a win win 🤬

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personally, I quite glad - I have spent the last week convincing myself that whatever was revealed, I would not be lured into a trade-in - now I can relax again!
Totally agree, somewhat underwhelmed by the new T100 options which has made my decision to pick up a T100 Black with the £1,000 towards accessories significantly easier. However those accessories won’t include the current bar-end mirrors which the configurator is currently quoting £288 for!

·
Banned
480 Posts
I've put a DIY cruise control onto my T120, but if I was choosing between that and heated grips & centrestand, the grips and stand win. I'll be sticking with the "old" one.
I think eliminating heated grips is a cost consideration while the center stand/grab rail removal is do Triumph can claim a massive 7kg weight drop and leave 2021 Bonneville owners wishing for a center stand on the side of the road.

At the prices of 2021 Bonneville T120s Triumph should be adding value not taking stuff off the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I was looking for higher spec brakes and suspension on the T120. How much would it have cost to add 4 pot Brembos to the front instead of 2? I’m not sure how much floating disks add to stopping power but adding these would require a big increase in manufacturing capacity. Same crappy tires, no options for higher spec forks. Fox shocks still optional. Looks like a really better T120 would sell for at least $2K more.

·
Registered
2017 T120 Bonneville in Black
781 Posts
I like Triumph and all and don't want to seem negative but anyone else wonder if all this hoopla for nothing is a precursor to a price increase?
Glad I'm not the only cynical bastard here 😂 😂 😂
To get the centre stand and heated grips plus the grab rail is going to hike up the price anyway. Personally I would prefer the stainless steel wheels over aluminium any day.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm in the market for a T120
Isn't adding a heated grips easier after buying the bike than cruise control?
Don't really care about aluminium or steel wheels? Eventually I plan to go with woody wheel down the line

·
Registered
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
326 Posts
Shrini 23 yes its a lot easier. I dont pillion anymore so the grab rail is not needed. Cruise control is a must for me(old injury) the only option I would get is the centrestand. I use heated gloves which are much better IMHO.

·
Registered
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
87 Posts
I'm in the market for a T120
Isn't adding a heated grips easier after buying the bike than cruise control?
Don't really care about aluminium or steel wheels? Eventually I plan to go with woody wheel down the line
It looks like you’d give up heated grips, a center stand and the cargo bar but gain cruise. From what I’ve read, adding cruise to a 2020 is around $600 if fully installed by a dealer, less if you install and they activate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It looks like you’d give up heated grips, a center stand and the cargo bar but gain cruise. From what I’ve read, adding cruise to a 2020 is around $600 if fully installed by a dealer, less if you install and they activate.
Thanks then I'll look for a 2020 & before
Was there any major changes like suspension, engine upgrade on a T120 that as an user I should be aware of from 2016-2020 not related to cosmetics like paint, finish, chrome etc...

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Thanks then I'll look for a 2020 & before
Was there any major changes like suspension, engine upgrade on a T120 that as an user I should be aware of from 2016-2020 not related to cosmetics like paint, finish, chrome etc...
No changes in suspension, still 2 pot calipers up front. Same tires. Same power.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
First accessory I looked for in the configurator was a non-locking fuel cap, and of course Triumph offers no options there. I’d love me a basic, non-locking vented cap in gun metal...

I’m curious if they kept the 37/17 final drive? Anybody know?

Being that I just took delivery of my 2020 T120 a week before Christmas, I don’t see anything about the new generation giving me any remorse. I’ll keep my center stand, grab bar (I had a rack and bar put on mine anyway), and the heated grips. Thank you very much.

I thought they might put a more advanced cruise control on if they were to make it standard - like the Tiger 1200s have, with a resume, and the ability to increase or decrease speed setting without stabbing it and getting what you get. (A three-position switch.)

Some more robust lighting options would be a nice addition to the accessory catalog, too. (Driving lights?)

121 - 140 of 148 Posts