Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Well I've got good news - Wolfmanhawaii is definitely a real person and not a bot :) He pm'd me and it turns out he's a really sound chap. Not sure where he's from though.. I reckon he's just shy about posting here, maybe because he's normal, but I reckon it's because he's been reading the threads and is now well aware of the awesome and fearful power of the Mods. (may their glorious reign last for a thousand years)
I “Like” the fact that you made contact with Wolfie! I “Like” that he’s a real person that really “Like”s our posts!

·
Registered
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
78 Posts
I am/was about a week away from purchasing a 2020 T120 Black for $10,050 before dealer fees and taxes. Wondering if I should still go forward with that or hold to see what Feb 23rd brings.
You can do better. I paid $9,300 plus shipping and dealer fees three weeks ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can do better. I paid $9,300 plus shipping and dealer fees three weeks ago.
Yeah I found one dealer who is willing to let a Matte Black T120 go for $8,500 before fees and such. Only problem is they are halfway across the country so I'd have to buy it without seeing it in person and have it shipped to me.

·
Banned
480 Posts
You're right, I guess it's just a paranoid thing I have. I called them and they said it hadn't even been serviced yet (no gas and no battery in it)

Guess just worried there might be a scratch I didn't see or what not.
If you're willing to accept the potential cosmetic hazards of the T120 Black at that price what are you waiting for?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you're willing to accept the potential cosmetic hazards of the T120 Black at that price what are you waiting for?
I legit found the deal about two hours before the dealership closed this morning. I still need to find quotes for shipping and all that jazz. Plus I'm not in a dire rush, it is currently -7 degrees where I'm at haha.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I legit found the deal about two hours before the dealership closed this morning. I still need to find quotes for shipping and all that jazz. Plus I'm not in a dire rush, it is currently -7 degrees where I'm at haha.
Get the dealer to ship it. It’s what they do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealer doesn’t ship? Is this a Triumph dealer? $568 is OK.
It is a Triumph dealership yes. Yeah even with that additional shipping cost it is a better deal than the local dealership. Though I did JUST find this deal today so I haven't talked to the local yet to see if they can match it or what not. That will be a Tuesday issue.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Was trying to hold out for the 2021 reveal, but found a new 2020 T120 Black (Matte Black) for $8,500. Couldn't pass up the offer so I jumped on it. I can't imagine the difference between a 2020 and a 2021 will be $3,000 worth of a difference.
The extent and value of any changes could be minimal but depending how long you hold onto the bike you might also see the difference reflected in resale value. Sounds like a good deal though and hard to see how you’ll be worse off especially if you keep the bike for several years.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
As cool as the black's look you'll see every nick, scratch, and stone chip on the exhausts and stuff with no good touch up method.
Bought mine to ride. Stone chips and other battle scars come with the territory. If I wanted it to look good I’d keep it in the house.

My ‘04 Speedmaster with 115K miles has her share of blemishes and has been laid over more times than I’ll ever remember, but nobody can believe she has the miles on her when I tell it. She’s Black, and still looks right nice after a spit bath.

61 - 80 of 148 Posts