Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
There are probably some colour changes along with some minor upgrades to make them Euro V compliant, but the most important thing is the massive price increase.
Welcome to the new Super Premium Motorcycle Range ;)

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Premium Member
2017 Triumph T120
958 Posts
Must be a full moon.

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am/was about a week away from purchasing a 2020 T120 Black for $10,050 before dealer fees and taxes. Wondering if I should still go forward with that or hold to see what Feb 23rd brings.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Triumph should offer tiered levels of spec on the Bonnevilles as they do on the Tigers. A top spec T120 might cost as much as a Thruxton RS but that would be the buyer’s choice. Perhaps they don’t because they have too many models.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is a Speedmaster considered a Bonneville?

Edit - just checked the Triumph Canada website and they have it listed as a "Bonneville Speedmaster" - looking fwd to that update.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I am/was about a week away from purchasing a 2020 T120 Black for $10,050 before dealer fees and taxes. Wondering if I should still go forward with that or hold to see what Feb 23rd brings.
If the 2020 disappears, you could wind up paying $1800 more for the same bike. If they upgrade the bike, it could be more than that.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Triumph should offer tiered levels of spec on the Bonnevilles as they do on the Tigers. A top spec T120 might cost as much as a Thruxton RS but that would be the buyer’s choice. Perhaps they don’t because they have too many models.
Tend to agree, although there shouldn’t really be a Thruxton RS; it should just be the Thruxton (and given that the S and R are no more, that makes even more sense now).
I always felt Triumph got it wrong with S and R anyway. The S was always the more genuine retro bike so came out pretty much as it should have. The R, with the gold suspension and silver swing arm etc should have got alloy wheels, making more sense with the other modern touches. I think it would have improved sales of both models with old school/modern variants rather than simply down spec/up spec.
Perhaps they could add a T120S with Speed Twin specs and T120T with genuine touring potential and cut the T100 if that’s too many models - or even keep it and drop the basic T120.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Well I've got good news - Wolfmanhawaii is definitely a real person and not a bot :) He pm'd me and it turns out he's a really sound chap. Not sure where he's from though.. I reckon he's just shy about posting here, maybe because he's normal, but I reckon it's because he's been reading the threads and is now well aware of the awesome and fearful power of the Mods. (may their glorious reign last for a thousand years)

·
Premium Member
2017 Triumph T120
958 Posts
Well I've got good news - Wolfmanhawaii is definitely a real person and not a bot :) He pm'd me and it turns out he's a really sound chap. Not sure where he's from though...
Keep off the moors.

41 - 60 of 148 Posts