Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
So they just made an error and let it go out on the internet without anyone catching it at least initially. Sloppy. Hope the welding is better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I heard they’re going back to carbs and air cooled engines, with drum brakes for greater authenticity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL!!!!!

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Registered
81 Posts
...evoloved.... I need to buy plane tickets to UK, take a cab to Triumph HQ's marketing office, walk in, sit and wait for the person who invented that word. THEEEEN, bitch-slap!

Gawd, that word is burned in my head... I can NOT get it out!!! o_O

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Registered
2017 T120 Bonneville in Black
781 Posts
Don't hold your breath, most likely the updates will be very minor, and still include gearbox/selector problems.

BTW, TYRE is the correct English way of spelling the word. 😂😂😂
But I do love the new word Evoloved, perhaps it should be hyphenated - EVO - LOVED that's better. They should have milked the mistake instead of changing it, that looks shoddy.

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin, 2009 Street Triple
344 Posts
BTW, TYRE is the correct English way of spelling the word. 😂😂😂
I am English, but also pedantic - sorry. I also have a penchant for etymology. Personally, I spell the word as tyre. However, our American cousins tend to use original spellings, just as they use -ize word endings whereas most English people tend to use -ise endings. My dictionary shows -ize as the preferred spelling. Back to tire/tyre and its etymology.

The word tire is a short form of attire, from the idea that a wheel with a tire is a dressed wheel.

The spelling tyre does not appear until the 1840s when the English began shrink fitting railway car wheels with malleable iron. Nevertheless, traditional publishers continued using tire. The Times newspaper in Britain was still using tire as late as 1905. The spelling tyre began to be commonly used in the 19th century for pneumatic tires in the UK. The 1911 edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica states that "[t]he spelling 'tyre' is not now accepted by the best English authorities, and is unrecognized in the US", while Fowler's Modern English Usage of 1926 says that "there is nothing to be said for 'tyre', which is etymologically wrong, as well as needlessly divergent from our own [sc. British] older & the present American usage". However, over the course of the 20th century, tyre became established as the standard British spelling.

Off topic - sorry again.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Insider info suggests the T100 is mainly a catch-up to the Street Twin. T120 gets extra 80cc with more top end and (even) flatter torque curve, radial mounted Brembos, improved suspension (whatever that means), cruise control and sport mode. Both get retro look tubeless spoked wheels with alloy wheel factory option as part of a touring variant model (screen, rack, hand guards, comfort seat, bags, etc). Styling will be a touch closer to 60s models.
Actually, not insider info, just dreamin’. ;)

·
Registered
2020 T120 Black (Gloss)
10 Posts
Insider info suggests the T100 is mainly a catch-up to the Street Twin. T120 gets extra 80cc with more top end and (even) flatter torque curve, radial mounted Brembos, improved suspension (whatever that means), cruise control and sport mode. Both get retro look tubeless spoked wheels with alloy wheel factory option as part of a touring variant model (screen, rack, hand guards, comfort seat, bags, etc). Styling will be a touch closer to 60s models.
You had me for a few seconds...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't expect much more than Euro 5 compliance.
Maybe, but it would seem like a lot of hype, money, time, and work just to tell everyone that the bike is now Euro 5... Has to be more

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 t120
305 Posts
Geesh, I was ready to go trade mine in, lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I said I wasn't going to buy a new bike... Now that my 2018 T120 is going to be dedicated sidecar I'm looking hard at a Speed Twin to replace it. I'm excited to see what comes out!

21 - 40 of 148 Posts