Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruise control now standard on the T120, along with aluminum rims:

·
Registered
2017 T120 Bonneville in Black
724 Posts
Not long ago watched it, they can keep the new model, who wants a cruise control on my roads here.
Don't use it on my car, certainly wouldn't on a bike.

More minuses than pluses in my opinion.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not long ago watched it, they can keep the new model, who wants a cruise control on my roads here.

Same stuff, different colours. No excitement here.

G

·
Registered
871 Posts
Cruise control is a must for me. I use it on my current bike all the time. Arthritis in my hands makes it really nice to not have to apply the pressure on the throttle all the time. I love the look of the new bikes as well.

·
Premium Member
2017 Triumph T120
938 Posts
Cruise control is a must for me. I use it on my current bike all the time.
It’s nice on the super slab and it makes more sense as a standard feature than as an accessory add-on that replaces the original switch cube. This time of year though I use the heated grips more than the cruise control.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Would I like cruise control? Sure, I'd certainly take it, but really doubt I'd use it much on my Bonnie. I'd much rather have the heated grips, center stand and grab bar that they cunningly removed and didn't mention. Clear cost cutting spun as weight reduction.

Cruise control now standard on the T120, along with aluminum rims:

·
Registered
336 Posts

Actually, for me where I live, cruise control is a really big deal. but if they're going to remove all the other stuff that I want and still need to add, I might as well just paid to add cruise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I was disappointed they removed heated grips, center stand and rear grab bar, but including cruise control and aluminum rims was nice. Didn't see any reasons to get rid of my 2016 T120 though.

·
Premium Member
2017 T120 Black
418 Posts
Those new Brembo brakes look like the same ones that were fitted to the Ducati monster in 2006-2008.

Aluminum wheels and "engine parts" sound interesting, but not worth trading in my 2017.

I wish they would pair the red and black tank with the T120 Black. That would look cool.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I would have liked the horsepower of the Thruxton.

·
Registered
2017 T120 Bonneville in Black
724 Posts
Cruise control is a must for me. I use it on my current bike all the time. Arthritis in my hands makes it really nice to not have to apply the pressure on the throttle all the time. I love the look of the new bikes as well.
I too have arthritis in both hands and its extremely painful riding my old BSA but the enjoyment factor outweighs the pain.
On the Bonnie I've fitted "Grip Puppies" which go over the original grips and make the diameter somewhat larger, this does help a bit, as they are made of soft foam which allow the fingers to hold on loosely. You can get them from Amazon UK, a Welsh chap sells them from his shop, nice guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts