Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Reaching out a bit because the local sources really don't have any infrastructure for the 1200RS other than the Triumph parts catalog.

I need some light touring support beyond a small backpack and a tank bag. I'm thinking of something along the lines of what you see on a Ducati SuperSport with a nominal capacity of ~30L. I have heard a 'rumor' from a parts guy that SW-Motech might have something but, I'm not wedded to any brand. This seems like something Kriega would be a good source for but, really any reputable company is viable from my point of view.

FWIW, I am not concerned with removing the Pillion cover but, a tail bag and tank bag plus backpack just doesn't seem viable or practical on a Speed Triple. The tail sections seem identical so, I'm assuming the 1200 RS options will work on my RR but, I'm open to dissenting views as well.

TIA,
Sid

·
Registered
198 Posts
I can confirm your suspicion that Kriega might be a good option for you. I have a US 20, and two US 10s. This allows me to scale up and down in volume per needs. Plus, mounting is only 20 bucks, and very discreet when not using the bags.

I also looked at the Hepco and Becker Sport Rack, and possibly mounting a top box. I decided not to, as I do need to navigate throwing my leg over with the full 40 lts of Kriega bags, and it could cause the same complications with the top box, but be a hard item for my foot to impact, rather than the soft bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reached out to Hepco and Becker to see if they have any options for me. The Speed Triple 1050 was the latest model listed in their literature. I'm not expecting changes to the tail section but, on the other hand, I would not be surprised if the passenger peg and frame bolt positions were different enough to force a design change.
At the moment, I'm hoping Kriega comes through but, I will have to wait until I get a response from them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Givi has factory luggage available now.

Hepco and Becker need to update their website but, in the meantime, if you call they can get you a quote and invoice to pay and get stuff on its way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts