Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gigantic California Compliant turn signals had to go. I replaced them with the tiny Rizoma Club signals front and back. According to this PDF you can choose 1 of 4 options for "activating" new turn signals. https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9838023-EN.pdf I thought I would try this simple solution to the rapid flashing issue before adding resistors (actually larger than the turn signals themselves) and take too much space. I did everything according to the instructions but as soon as I let go of the i (info) button when "TYPE" pops up on the display it just goes to the normal screen and I can't change anything. Anyone else try the i-button with this issue?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I changed the std signals on my TTR to led’s made by Triumph only sold in the UK. Changing the signal mode was easy and done with the i button. It won’t work on after market signals. Resistors are needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After about the 10th try the info button worked and I could change the settings but you’re right it didn’t help. Will have to find space to wire up some resistors.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've had aftermarket bullet style LED signals on my '16 TTR for 3 years with zero issues and no resistors installed at the stealership upon delivery. After I added the New Rage tail tidy I used the "i" button to set the flash rate without issue. Not sure why resistors are needed, but I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I have installed Rizoma Clubs, Watsen Designs and motogadget LED signals on T120s.
Changing the selection via the info button has worked on them all. (No resistors needed.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same here. I have Rizoma Clubs on my R and I could change the flashing speed via software, no resistors needed. The TFC shouldn't be any different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts