Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i bought a motodynamics tail tidy which showed compatibility with the 2019 model and i figured it wouldnt be that different for the 2020....but it is. The damn adapter plate is just the wrong shape and doesnt bolt up correctly. I guess i should have done more research....

Anyway, the only one i see that calls out 2020 compatibility is the Evotech...which looks nice but is eye-watering expensive. Any others out there that dont cost an arm and a leg?

EDIT: after watching an installation on another bike, it looks like i might have just been expecting too much in the fit and finish dept. Giving it another go tomorrow

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Finished the installation, its not too bad but the base plate where it meets the bottom of the tail section does not sit flush or close to flush at all which is what I was expecting. Its flat but it doesnt look too bad. There is also something they call a "tail light bracket" that goes between the plate holder and the adapter...I cant figure out what this thing is for but its not needed for installation and it actually gets in the way. I will say that its fairly heavy since its a completely steel construction; I didnt weigh it but I would imagine its about 2-3lbs but I guess thats the price to pay for a tail tidy that doesnt cost >$100. I got a couple pics attached for those that are interested. There is nothing to help organize the wires but some zip ties should tuck everything away . What I do like about it is that the turn signal brackets are bolted on and can be easily removed if you choose to go with another solution down the road.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That looks nice.
I’m thinking of going even cheaper and more minimal with this:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks nice.
I’m thinking of going even cheaper and more minimal with this:
I saw those too, they are all over AliExpress. My only concern is that there doesnt seem to be a any protection for the rubber gasket that is under there. I would imagine it would get trashed pretty bad pretty quickly. If you pull the trigger let us know how it turns out though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts