Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all! I know this has been discussed within, at least, a couple of other threads, but I thought it might be a good idea to create one location where those of us who own 2020 Street Triple R's could share information as well as catalog those that are having issues. Maybe someone at Triumph will read this.

The issue is the missing SPORT and RIDER Modes as well as the missing auto cancelling indicators. These features are well documented on both Triumph website and within the owner's guide. My bike was not delivered these features and I know others on here have bikes without these also.

Calls to Triumph USA (I'm in the USA, do not know if the problem exists worldwide) customer service confirm these features should be available. The representatives state the issue might be an incomplete PDI by the dealer. My dealer states the correct software has been downloaded into my bike and that all of his equipment is up to date.

I simply want what I paid for....not some "water downed" version of my bike. I also want an answer as to either why Triumph cannot make the advertised features available or why my dealer cannot access the proper software.

My hope is that we all can share information. Who all is having this problem and what is the status of your attempts to have it fixed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer told me that the issue with missing SPORT mode is TRIUMPHs fault. Somethings goes wrong in there's factory and now they looking for salutation. I feel a little bit disappointed. How can they make that stupid mistake? This is unacceptable! I think they knew it about this issue but they want first to sell all affected bikes and then to find salution.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may not be a good answer, but at least it is an answer. Triumph USA won't say anything other than it's likely my dealer did not complete the PDI properly. My dealer, obviously, disagrees with this.

Lots of finger pointing going on. It's frustrating.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pretty shitty for this not to be caught during the PDI and for the dealer to have sold it missing this stuff. I mean, its basically a software issue so it seems weird that they cannot patch this

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not 100% certain this is the dealer's fault. If the software Triumph provides is incorrect, the dealer cannot be blamed for Triumph's faulty software. However, I agree with you in that the dealers should be more knowledgeable about what they sell and that this could have been caught during the PDI process.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I can only speak from my personal experience with the MY2013 street triple r. This was the first year with abs and the ability to disable abs had to be programmed by the dealer, my dealer did not do this, actually they seemed to have no idea it needed to be done.
After discussing it with the service manager and a tech, another manager remembered that Ducati had a similar procedure. So they hooked up my bike for shits and giggles and discovered they could enable this function for me.
I don’t know who was to blame, but it sure seemed to me that the service department assumed they knew it all and didn’t bother to research something they should have when first questioned.

If you ask me it’s on the dealer to remedy the problem either way.
If they are at fault or not, they should being getting to the bottom of this for you.

Dealing with the manufacturer is their job, not yours, you should only have to do that if you feel the dealer is not doing the right thing , and to file a complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Service departments just suck ass. My 2020 RS came with low coolant in the reservoir so I called them to get it corrected. The guy told me to run the bike and see if it backflowed into the reservoir up to the proper level...which didnt sound right but...whatever. Of course this didnt solve the problem so I rode down there to get it topped off. There was a good 10-15 minutes of back and forth before the guy came back with a tiny bit of coolant in a paper cup to top it off. Then there was discussion about who would pay for it...which doesnt concern me in the least. I just told them that I had to go and it should been caught during PDI and rode away. Very bizarre.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My dealer, Team Power Center (aka Team Triumph) in Janesville WI, was the best dealer I ever had, which made their recent demise all the more painful. When I picked up my new-from-the-crate 2019 Street Triple R last summer it was PERFECT. I had my dream bike and the dream dealer to service it, I was in hog heaven. But not anymore. Sigh...

·
Registered
18 Posts
My bike just arrived at the dealership. I advised them of this issue before they ship it out to me. I'll report what they find. Don't know if a month or so newer than all of your bikes would make a difference or not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with @DrGonzo615 When I picked up my bike new it was low on coolant and the chain slack was set at like 45mm. Doesn't inspire confidence! I fixed the chain myself and they took care of the fluid at the 600 mile service.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2020 R - only road and rain mode, no turn signal menu...

I just left the dealer. They tried reloading the software last week. Didn't change anything.

They say they tried calling Triumph and were told that that's the way the bike is supposed to be.

I told them I would call triumph and complain about them selling me a S model and calling it a R...

Geesh....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@ hashadenough, you should open the owners guide booklet that was delivered to with the bike to pages 87 and 88 and show your dealer where it states the SPORT MODE (Street Triple R only) and RIDER MODE (Street Triple R only) are clearly listed as features. Page 80 of the owners guide is where the auto cancelling turn signals (again Street Triple R only) feature is clearly listed.

My bike is going in for its first service this weekend. I plan on raising the issue at that time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh I understand completely, and believe me, I've talked their ears off.
Basically the dealer is saying they don't have any thing else to try. Triumph is telling them that there's nothing "wrong". I'm not sure what else the dealer CAN do...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also, I can now confirm that part # A9638191 heated grips does work on the 2020 R.
And it does have the big square button. Lights red for high, amber for low. Mounts on the 2 bolts for the clutch lever.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I totally get the dealer can only install the software they are provided. But someone at Triumph (either at the corporate level or the dealer level) has to "step up" and take ownership of this problem. All available documentation clearly state what features the bike has...and it is pretty obvious the bike does not have these same features when delivered.

I called Triumph USA customer service again this morning to inquire how I might check the software version of what I am supposed to have versus what I software version I do have. I also asked if a document was available that detailed what features where part of that released version as well as any outstanding known issues. I was told this document was not publicly available not could I check the software version to determine if I have the appropriate download.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to know about the heated grips. Mine are on order and I plan to have these installed as soon as they arrive...not that I'm going to need them in Texas anytime soon, LOL.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts