21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
PSA:
Just a warning for those who maybe interested in changing decal colors,Triumph achieves the matte finish with the clear coat. The clear is applied after the decals. Soo... if you remove the decal you also remove the clear coat revealing a smooth finish underneath.
I guess what I trying to say is it’s not just a simple peel off decals to change colors.
Ok carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
PSA:
Just a warning for those who maybe interested in changing decal colors,Triumph achieves the matte finish with the clear coat. The clear is applied after the decals. Soo... if you remove the decal you also remove the clear coat revealing a smooth finish underneath.
I guess what I trying to say is it’s not just a simple peel off decals to change colors.
Ok carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our idea is to have stickers made in the colours we want, and put them over top of the existing ones.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Probably, as you said in your opening post 'the sticker colours Triumph have chosen'.
Perhaps it's the sticker shapes and scattered placement?
Now that I have seen the black bike in real life, it’s think it’s actually pretty good. I would of been tempted to buy that one, but I’m worried about the matt finish not holding up to daily use. So I’m getting the gloss silver grey one instead.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts