Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I like the look of the black bike, i'm not a fan of the sticker colours Triumph have chosen.

This is what they look like.
Original image thanks to @Kraxmel

So I downloaded GIMP to see if I could try a different colour from the green.
Watched a couple of Youtube videos about using GIMP and this is what I came up with.

Looking a lot better I think.

I watched a couple more Youtube videos about GIMP.
Googled colours that go with black.
And got a little carried away with colour combinations 馃槅

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure I can create any colour combination now.

So if anyone has a request, let me know.

Registered
I prefer the first red and silver option.
I'm sure somebody will see an opportunity and start selling graphics kits on eBay to stick over the originals.

Premium Member
Okay, okay, okay. Ooh, ooh...[waves hand above head furiously] Pick me, PICK ME!

I also prefer the 2 color option over single color. How about making the larger ones gloss black and the smaller ones gold, or the larger ones gold and smaller ones gloss black? Or...if you or some graphics wizard can somehow echo the themes of the Daytona 765 in the limited area of the stickers.

Or, just differing shades of grey?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, okay, okay. Ooh, ooh...[waves hand above head furiously] Pick me, PICK ME!

I also prefer the 2 color option over single color. How about making the larger ones gloss black and the smaller ones gold, or the larger ones gold and smaller ones gloss black? Or...if you or some graphics wizard can somehow echo the themes of the Daytona 765 in the limited area of the stickers.

Or, just differing shades of grey?
That Daytona looks hot. But I鈥檓 not sure the stickers are big enough to create the same affect.
Plus it might be beyond my limited 1 days training in graphics design 馃槀

The others I can do a little later today.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I like the black and gold options

Making the black glossy is a bit beyond my day 2 using gimp skills.

But I'm playing around with some grey options.

Premium Member
I think you pulled off the glossy black just fine. It's hard to tell on a computer monitor, but after seeing the black and gold and the different shades of grey, I'm leaning more towards the greys. However, I prefer understatement/wolf in sheep's clothing/better to under sell and over deliver, and all that.

Registered
I go for a day long ride and look what happens to my bike! :) :LOL:

At first I liked the purple, but those shades of Gray really look good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I go for a day long ride and look what happens to my bike! :) :LOL:

At first I liked the purple, but those shades of Gray really look good.
Just a few minor alterations 馃槈

The last one in grey is pretty cool, I think that鈥檚 my favourite as well.
Doing the same style in purple would probably look great as well.

I thought I was going to see my first one today (the grey one). But it wasn鈥檛 quite finished. Hopefully next week. No blacks ones here yet 馃檨

Don鈥檛 forget to let us know about your ride in your thread 馃榾

Registered
I think the alterations look great. I'd like to see the whole bike painted like the Daytona @BKK Jack posted somehow or maybe the union jack on the tank like I've seen on some Bonnevilles. Maybe I'll have my bike repainted in a few years.

Hopefully you'll be able to see both in person soon. They're both beautiful (to me).

Registered
I like the red for sure. But hey, if you dislike the original that much, I can trade you for my 2018 stripple RS! DM me! haha :)

Registered
I have to admit the overall effect of flat black colour scheme is dire, irrespective of what color decals the OP might settle on. The first edition of the 765 RS used a matt finish but the overall look was way better IMHO.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
I have to admit the overall effect of flat black colour scheme is dire, irrespective of what color decals the OP might settle on. The first edition of the 765 RS used a matt finish but the overall look was way better IMHO.
I鈥檓 curious, what makes the 2020 black 鈥榙ire鈥?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts