Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my beloved R1 (sad day) but in the market for a new bike. Idk what it is but the street triple catches my attention more than anything when it comes to nakeds. What should I expect to pay out the door for one of these? I won’t be financing it. Thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Whatever price you work out with the dealer, sales tax, tag application fees, freight and assembly. Dealers charge different prices, so its hard to tell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just as an alternative consideration, I own a 2019 Street R and absolutely love it. There are some brand new ones still out there, and the prices look very good, some under $10k before taxes/license.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a '18 Street Triple R and love it! I love the new metal flake in the gray paint on the 2020 RS. As you compare models - it's great that the new 2020 Street Triple R get the facelift, new daytime running lights, and up/down quickshifter (all at a lower price), but they've now done away with the TFT dash on the 2020 Street Triple R! The TFT is a game changer and after riding with it I couldn't imagine going back. Unless you must have a 2020, maybe consider 2019 models? There seems to be a consensus on this forum that the TFT graphics are better from 2017-2019, and the increased mid-range torque on the 2020 RS might not be enough to push you in that direction.. Give and takes.

Good luck with negotiations!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I own a '18 Street Triple R and love it! I love the new metal flake in the gray paint on the 2020 RS. As you compare models - it's great that the new 2020 Street Triple R get the facelift, new daytime running lights, and up/down quickshifter (all at a lower price), but they've now done away with the TFT dash on the 2020 Street Triple R! The TFT is a game changer and after riding with it I couldn't imagine going back. Unless you must have a 2020, maybe consider 2019 models? There seems to be a consensus on this forum that the TFT graphics are better from 2017-2019, and the increased mid-range torque on the 2020 RS might not be enough to push you in that direction.. Give and takes.

The TFT on the 2019 model is way better than the 2020 model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yeah I've been considering a 17-19 model! I've found some slightly used ones around here for 9000-9500 otd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts