Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I usually inhabit the Sprint forum, so apologies for jumping straight in and asking a couple of questions about my son's Speed Triple.

The bike in question is a 2019 RS with a factory fitted quick shifter. Since new my sons had problems with upshifts, and generally between 4th and 5th, where the gearbox baulks or finds a false neutral. The quick shifter has recently been subject of a factory recall, which my son assumed would address the problem, however, following the work carried out, the problem remains. We've tried adjusting the drive train to factory recommendations but again the problem persists. There are no such problems when using the clutch. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems?

The second niggle is with surging on a constant throttle, which in my experience of other FI bikes has been the effect of the O2 sensors leaning the mixture. Is it easy and cheap to bypass the O2 sensors on the latest Speed Triple or has it become more complicated? My TuneECU software which I use on my 1050 Sprint has limited application on my sons bike.

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
788 Posts
There are O2 sensor eliminator kits available that comprise s/s plugs to plug the holes and dongles (resistors) that plug into the connector sockets to avoid MILs. I'm surprised to hear of an RS with 'surging' issues. Most reviews suggest they fuel beautifully.
Good luck with the quick shifter issue, I'm afraid I have nothing to contribute on that one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good to hear , got my recall notice on the shifter . I've had zero problems but will take it in soon to be fitted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts