Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Triumph Shift Assist come standard on the RS, but not the S? Can it be added to an S that was shipped without it?

If you get it added after the fact, is it the same as the setup that comes from the factory, meaning both up and down quick shifting?

Second question, any reason to get the RS model if not going to be used on the track?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes my sales guy was confused and told me both the S and RS had the quickshifter but it is only an option in the S. Guess I screwed that up haha.

My understanding is that if the quickshifter is installed into an S it is the same as what comes from the factory in the RS.

The main similarities and differences between the RS and S I've determined (I have the S)

- body - RS carbon fiber mud guards and side fairing and included belly pan spoiler, S mud guards and side fairing body color plastic no belly pan spoiler
- brakes - front both Brembo, rear RS Brembo, S Nissin (I think the master cylinder is different but I'm not sure) - brake handles are better on the RS also.
- cable wrangler at the triple tree head - RS plastic molded part (and key is relocated to side of the bike), S has a single metal wire bracket around the ignition key (which I like better)
- suspension - RS Ohlins front and rear slightly stiff, S Showa slightly softer. Both have the same adjustable (comp, rebound, preload)
- engine same, trans same (except quick shifter)
- exhaust - RS Arrow carbon upgraded cans, S Stainless steel cans

For me I prefer the S since I'm not hardcore tracking it, just occasionally, and I like the body panels being all white. Prefer the softer Suspension also since I commute and take long trips more than track days.

Aesthetically, I prefer the absence of the belly pan spoiler. I know, I'm a weirdo lol.

Brakes are great as they are, and I prefer shorty brake and clutch levers so I would have swapped the RS levers out anyways lol. Worse case I can always upgrade the brakes but so far I doubt I will. And I don't care about the Arrow cans because I prefer a round GP style can pair and am going to get some of those.

The real bummer is the quickshifter though. I really want that and will be installing that along with heated grips soon.

Anyways just my realizations and my opinion as to why I like the S.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Does the Triumph Shift Assist come standard on the RS, but not the S? Can it be added to an S that was shipped without it?

If you get it added after the fact, is it the same as the setup that comes from the factory, meaning both up and down quick shifting?

Second question, any reason to get the RS model if not going to be used on the track?
I’ve got the 2019S and added the quckshifter.
Dealer needed to load different map to include it and now menu has option to turn on and off.
Same setup as the RS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

Dang, my dealer told me that the S Quickshifter add on was up only, not down when added after the fact.

Wish I would have read this earlier. I guess it doesn't matter, I ordered a 2019 Speed Triple RS in white today anyway.

I hope I like the RS as much as I liked the S. The Ohlins on the Street Triple RS I rode seemed fine, the rest of the add on bits didn't matter much to me.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Dang, my dealer told me that the S Quickshifter add on was up only, not down when added after the fact.

Wish I would have read this earlier. I guess it doesn't matter, I ordered a 2019 Speed Triple RS in white today anyway.

I hope I like the RS as much as I liked the S. The Ohlins on the Street Triple RS I rode seemed fine, the rest of the add on bits didn't matter much to me.

Quick shifter works both up and down on the Speed Triple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered Speed Triple RS yesterday and dealer claimed that Quickshifter wouldn't be a standard on the bike? I thought it was and had a discussion with them but they said it is not included.

So I guess I was correct - it is not standard on S but it is standard on RS?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Just ordered Speed Triple RS yesterday and dealer claimed that Quickshifter wouldn't be a standard on the bike? I thought it was and had a discussion with them but they said it is not included.

So I guess I was correct - it is not standard on S but it is standard on RS?
Standard on RS, not on S but it can be added to the S. It’s plug and play and not too pricy to add to the S.
I’d recommend one, it’s a nice addition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Standard on RS, not on S but it can be added to the S. It’s plug and play and not too pricy to add to the S.
I’d recommend one, it’s a nice addition.
Thanks - that is what I expected. Send an email to my dealer for them to check it out as well. Might be it is an option here in EU area though and standard in US market - you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts