Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Looking into getting a speedy and want to know if you can do GP shift with the OEM rearsets and quick shifter, does anyone have instructions on the hardware part (flipping the knuckle) and software part (changing any settings for quickshifter)?

Would like to see pictures of it installed before and after if I could.

Appreciate it.

If it cannot be done, does anyone have pictures of their aftermarket rearsets with conversion to GP shift (I know Bonamici and Woodcraft seem to make them).

Thank you.

·
Registered
654 Posts
With the quick shifter so seamless why do GP style? Curious , being a huge MotoGP fan several riders use standard shift. Just asking is all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a 2019 RS and have just had to get used to standard shift. I have been riding with GP shift on all my bikes for more than 10 years. I changed over when I used to ride at Nashville Superspeedway. There is a long left-hand turn leading to the front straight where there is no way to get under the shifter and most bikes require two upshifts.

Once I got used to it it is just much more intuitive. When you are head down accelerating, you push down, and when upright and slowing, you pull back. All of this being said, looking at my RS, it looks like it would require aftermarket rearsets and a sensor that reversed the push/ pill, but I am sure it could be done. If I decide to run a track day on it I will most likely swap it over.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I feel you. My buddy did go shift and his friend rode it and didn’t turn out well. Down shifted instead of up shift. Locking wheel the silence. Never rode the same after that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts