Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best riding buddy just bought a 2018 XRX and the dealer offered to put a center stand on at a discount. She called Triumph USA and they told her it wasn't included. I researched the 2018 XRX and on the US Tiger website it clearly states that it includes a center stand. Interestingly enough, for 2019, there are 63 accessories listed in the US Triumph site, and in the UK Triumph site there are 72 including a center stand. My buddy was told to send a screenshot to Triumph, and I hope with visual irrefutable evidence they will do the right thing. Anyone else find that they were expected to buy their center stand?

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
The XRT and XCA are the only models now that include the center stand. That started in 2018.

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is from the Triumph USA website...clearly only the XRT comes with a center stand included....Triumph just wants to make a few bucks on the non-XRT models given the importance of a center stand. All of the 1200 models come with a center stand.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's the info I found. The URL clearly references 2018.

Triumph has done a ****ty (synonym for crappy!) job of getting back to my friend. It took 2 calls to get someone to discuss this with, and she emailed the info 3 days ago, and followed up with 2 voicemails. It's the money, but also the lousy customer service.

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
I think she'll get lucky if she gets a free center stand. The 18+ lower line models clearly don't get it. I've found the wrong pictures and info on their websites quite often.

People that recently bought the new Scrambler 1200 were told, and it's actually in the manual that it would come with an ambient temp reading on the display. Once they got the bikes they realized that that feature isn't there. Some called Triumph and was told it was a typo and it doesn't have that feature.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's the info I found. The URL clearly references 2018.

Triumph has done a ****ty (synonym for crappy!) job of getting back to my friend. It took 2 calls to get someone to discuss this with, and she emailed the info 3 days ago, and followed up with 2 voicemails. It's the money, but also the lousy customer service.
I guess I'm confused....your original post suggest that the XRX should come with the center stand as standard feature, but the image from the Triumph website says it does not, only when you move to the XRT does the center stand come as a standard feature.

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
I guess I'm confused....your original post suggest that the XRX should come with the center stand as standard feature, but the image from the Triumph website says it does not, only when you move to the XRT does the center stand come as a standard feature.
Carol is saying that she saw info on their website stating that the XRx came with the center stand, which is very possible knowing the typos they let slip on their site. I agree with her that it's worth a shot, they might goodwill it. I just wouldn't be counting on it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the screenshot of the website we found. I thought Crazy had posted this - didn't see that his was the xrt. This is clearly the xrx. https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/...g/tiger/2018/tiger-800/variants/tiger-800-xrx

Bottom line - after my friend made a couple of additional calls after sending her screenshot, and complained mostly about the lack of contact, she got an email saying a center stand was being sent to her. Victory!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
On my end that screenshot is extremely blurry. That said, what I can see it looks like those aren't 2018 models. They look like gen 2 which is 15-17.

Ok, looking on my PC that screenshot is more clear. Those are clearly Gen 2 models and the XRx came with a center stand back then. That stopped in 18 on the Gen 3 bikes.

I hope you meant to say that the center stand is getting sent to the dealer, because they're a nightmare to install if memory serves me correctly.

This is a Gen 3.
https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/motorcycles/adventure/tiger-800/tiger-800-xrx

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought a 2018 XRX last week and thought the exact same thing. The screen grab of the models with features is what I thought I was getting. Dealer told me if it was supposed to be on there it would be (real helpful). I might reach out to Triumph and see if they'll hook me up, or at least throw me a bit of a discount on one.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I do know the USA version of the XRX in 2018-19 does not have a center stand on all the info I've seen. Yes it used to be standard on the 2015-17. The prices on the add you quoted look like the 2017 descriptions (the 2018's are higher). If you got a stand from Triumph gratis, that is a testament to Triumph wanting to make you happy. The Tiger 800 series are awesome bikes by a respectable manufacturer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts