Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a reasonably priced mount for my GPS that would set just above the TFT display on my 2018 Tiger XRX. I only found one that mounted on the windscreen bracket that was around $150 and moved up and down as the screen height was adjusted. It was too expensive and I didn't like the design. Of course there are handlebar mounting options but I wanted something where I did not have to glance away to see the GPS. Just above the TFT is where I want the GPS.. I found the following mount on Amazon:

EKIND Universal Replacement Cradle and Removable Bicycle and Motorcycle Mount 17mm Swivel Ball GPS Holder Compatible for GPS Garmin Nuvi (Black)

This holder is made for a KTM 1290 and cost $13.59. It said delivery would be about 2 months...but it showed up in about 2-3 weeks. I thought I was going to need to modify this item to make it work. However, the spread of the mounting screws and bracket matched the windscreen channel width at 8.5 inches. I just screwed it on at it looks like it is in just the right place to add my GPS. The mounting bar when added to the windscreen bracket is just above the TFT display. Depending how much low end travel you are ok with losing on the windscreen...you can mount it higher. I put mine at the lowest possible mounting position and I have all windscreen movement except about 3/4 to 1 inch of the lowest height. I would have put some pictures up but they are not uploading for some reason. If interested, email me and I'll send the pictures. [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts