Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any 2018 Tiger 800 owners out there who have fitted Rox 2" risers? I took a crack at it last summer but I could not figure out a solution. I have virtually no free play in my cables and think I will need to do some serious rerouting, if even possible to make up enough length. I can barely rotate the bars out of the stock riser itself with cables as they are. I figured I'd take another look now that its the middle of winter. Any insight is appreciated. It is an XCX model.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hmmm.. I wonder if something changed between my 2016 XCx and your 2018? I have both the 2" Roxx risers AND the Tusk 15mm risers installed. I rerouted my clutch cable and have j..u..s..t enough lock/lock range.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah or maybe mine just has abnormally short cables from the factory. I had read other peoples experiences regarding cable length and all sounded pretty straight forward. Maybe I am in a unique situation. That looks like a good set up you've got. Had you planned on combining risers from the start or found you needed additional height after only installing one of them?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah or maybe mine just has abnormally short cables from the factory. I had read other peoples experiences regarding cable length and all sounded pretty straight forward. Maybe I am in a unique situation. That looks like a good set up you've got. Had you planned on combining risers from the start or found you needed additional height after only installing one of them?
I just wanted a bit more height after the fact.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a set of the Rox 2" adjustable risers (like above) While standing in semi rough section they spun forward in the clamp. I know the handlebars can do the same thing but with the added leverage it seems more likely to happen. Anyone else had this happen? It's a bit scary when it did. Clamp them tight if you use them!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So to close this out...I ordered a replacement OEM clutch cable. It was noticeably longer than the one that was installed on my bike so it seems I just had a seemingly shorter than normal cable. With the new cable installed I had no issues installing the risers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If new, call dealer and tell them your bike did not have the correct cable. see if they are a good dealer or not......

·
Registered
15 Posts
So to close this out...I ordered a replacement OEM clutch cable. It was noticeably longer.....
doje0206. Do you have the part number for the longer clutch cable? I'm trying to put 2" Rox risers on my 2018 Tiger 800 XRX and the clutch cable seems way too short. I'm afraid if I just order another one, I'll end up with two short ones.

-Al

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a set of the Rox 2" adjustable risers (like above) While standing in semi rough section they spun forward in the clamp. I know the handlebars can do the same thing but with the added leverage it seems more likely to happen. Anyone else had this happen? It's a bit scary when it did. Clamp them tight if you use them!
I wondered about that happening with the extra leverage. I'm thinking about a set but am somewhat concerned about the bars hitting the tank in a fall.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wondered about that happening with the extra leverage. I'm thinking about a set but am somewhat concerned about the bars hitting the tank in a fall.

I've had a slow speed offroad adventure. the bars were tweaked just a hair, nowhere near going into the tank. Loosened all the bolts, then put the bars back where I want them and all is good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any 2018 Tiger 800 owners out there who have fitted Rox 2" risers?
I finally mounted 2" Rox risers on my 2018 Tiger 800 XRX. I had to move all the electrical cables and connections to the rider's side of the upper fork clamps. The clutch cable and brake line were left where they were and they were just barely long enough not to bind at full lock in either direction. Moving the cables just involves releasing the fork tubes and dropping them down enough to move the wires. Easy 30 minute job. My back is much happier with the 2" risers pointed mainly back towards me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Anyone try the Triumph risers on a 2019 XRt? Cables seem too short. Haven't actually tried yet. Going to give it a go in a few days. Just picked the bike up a few weeks ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts