Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at installing an X-pipe along with new pipes. I am looking at the BC Predator Pro, V&H and Remus pipes. Any opinions on which one has the better sound?

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I am looking at installing an X-pipe along with new pipes. I am looking at the BC Predator Pro, V&H and Remus pipes. Any opinions on which one has the better sound?
The Meerkat x-pipe, and probably most others, puts out a throaty but not oppressively loud sound with the stock pipes. The cat is the big blockage. I wouldn't waste money on slip-ons unless you can't stand the look of the stock mufflers.

·
1,585 Posts
I vote for the Cone Engineering Shorty Performer:

https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product/...rmer-mufflers-slip-ons-2016-triumph-classics/

Very lightweight compared to the stock mufflers, and definitely louder, with more low end rumble. These get drivers' attention when you blip the throttle, more so than the stock horn. They're well made from quality stainless steel, easy to install, and fairly priced. AJ Cycles and Analog Moto seem to have the best prices.

And like others already mentioned, the Meerkat Crossover is the best x-pipe around:

http://meerkatmufflers.com.au/index.php/product/meerkat-crossflow-brushed/

The combination of these two components results in a transformation of the sound of the bike, with a small performance gain at the top end. Highly recommended if you can deal with the emissions and noise concessions.

There are at least a dozen other threads on this very topic so you may want to post in one of them if you have more specific questions that aren't already hashed out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Here is all you need to know on my end, I'm also running pods, +17K miles on my system so far in the last 4 months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went with the Two brothers racing Exhaust no X-pipe yet and wow what a difference. Looks great on my 18 T120 Black.
TBR is a USA made product, look them up.
What kind of rear shocks do you have?
Those are stock, I just didn't like the chrome piece because it doesn't go with the black theme,lol.
So I vinyl wrapped it a gloss black , just experimenting. Temporary until I buy the black fox springs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the Two brothers racing Exhaust no X-pipe yet and wow what a difference. Looks great on my 18 T120 Black.
What kind of rear shocks do you have?
Those are stock, I just didn't like the chrome piece because it doesn't go with the black theme,lol.
So I vinyl wrapped it a gloss black , just experimenting. Temporary until I buy the black fox springs.
It looks good. I couldn’t tell from the Photo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What did they cost you and how is the top end now? I don't care about doing hole shots. I'm more into freeway cursing long distances. I'm looking for a good set of pipes for my 2018 Bobber. But, I like a good throaty sounding pipe. That's as loud, as my stock pipes are. But, that are designed for top end freeway cursing speeds. Can anybody help me out with this? My bike runs great as it is. I just would like to get a little more top end cursing speed out of her. I like to cruise around 75 miles an hour, instead of 65 and still crack the throttle, if I have to pass someone or get out of someones way, if need be. Plus, have that little extra power for long distance cruising.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have TEC X-pipe installed + put on super cheap ($100) Chinese mufflers. Love this throaty, noisy sound with nice popping when downshifting and braking with engine. Not legal I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
796 Posts

Just in case someone is in the market, I just posted these exact exhaust for sale in classifieds. I decided to go back to my V&H peashooters. But these do look good and have a better sound then stock. More raspy......significantly lighter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
British Customs Sleeper Pros and X pipe. :)
I am also interested in the Sleeper Pros and I already have a X-pipe. How do the Sleepers compare to the standard mufflers? Someone on revzilla wrote they sound almost the same as the defaults, but I don't know, if he had x-pipe or not and if it makes a difference at all. To expensive to just test them.
I recently tested the BC exhaust tips and wow, it's great to hear what sleeps within this beast :smile2: but it's way to much for me (and probably also the law). I am looking for something in-between.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
the former owner of my 18 T120 installed sleeper pros-lifetime stainless muffs + an X pipe that i cant determine its brand, sounds great like the old T120R i once owned. not too raspy like the preds i had on my 2012 mag wheeler-getting older but nice on acell, bike runs great!!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
My 2018 Bonne T120 with Sleeper Pros and a Motone X-pipe.

I chose the Sleeper Pros because I wanted to retain the peashooter look, but I thought the stock peashooters were too long and too wide. This setup is definitely louder than stock, but not annoyingly so. I frequently ride through Laguna Beach, Seal Beach, and other places that have a zero-tolerance policy about loud pipes and the LEOs have never given me a second look.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I went with the Meerkat x-pipe and because I only live a 100 miles from Peter I gave him my stock mufflers for him to open them up and put in his Conti design baffles for $500 all up was the cheapest upgrade for a high performance system and made a huge difference to the whole performance of my Thruxton and the best thing it looks stock but puts out a great sound when I get up it, but still quiet to keep the law off my back.

Ashley

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
PGR your bike looks great!! is your seat a Corbin + if so hows comfort compared to OE? also looks like Halcyon 830 mirrors, nice!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts