Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

101 - 120 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Boro Rob over at s-t.co.uk didn't get his either. (Lots of 765 posts there.) My dealer opens on Tuesday. I don't normally have a passenger, so it's not holding me up atm.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wonder when the R models are going to arrive, I want the white with low seat height option (short people problems)
Most people consider me short at 5'8" but I fit on my new RS just fine. In fact, it's better than my 2016 RX, though I can't flat foot either of them.
I'm in the same boat. I'm 5'7" - 5'8" depending on barometric pressure and I can flat foot on my RS easily.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Last night I stopped and looked at the new ST at the dealer when I was picking up other stuff and wow, what a bike. I'm usually not a fan of black paint jobs but the black on the new bike is amazing. If you've only seen it in photos you're missing out - there is a silver metallic flake look to it that is great.

The salesman had just put a "sold" sign on the bike as I walked up to it so out of respect I didn't sit on it and tried really hard not to touch it but it was tough. He let me know that they have a demo bike so I'll stop by this weekend to give it a ride so I'm looking forward to that. I'm definitely not going to buy but want to see how the new changes feel.

·
Registered
168 Posts
"I'm definitely not going to buy but want to see how the new changes feel." ..... sounds risky
Lol - you could be right. My 2015 R and I seem to be a perfect match but I do have to be honest and admit that I do from time to time fall into the "shiny new toy syndrome". I think what helps me out though is the 2018 R seems more like the right fit for me than the RS so if I do have any thoughts I'd have more than enough time to talk myself out of it which I'm pretty good at.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I was shopping for a new R3r when the 3rd and final dealer I stopped at was out he threw me the keys to try the new SDR, just sayin.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I did a test ride and came home with an RS, also just sayin..

·
Registered
49 Posts
DRL are run by a toggle switch on the left switch housing of non-US models. There is no function to run just the DRL on US models.
Turn the key to "on", DRL turn on, then headlights shortly after; there's nothing you can do beyond that.
Turning the key past "on" puts the bike in "park" mode which turns on just the DRL and taillight.

Auto and high contrast are the only available settings unless you cover the sensor for the low contrast. I like the look of the low contrast but honestly it's tough to read clearly in bright sunlight so I prefer the high contrast when the sun is out.
I was disappointed when I realized mine didn't have the drl switch. I wish it was as simple as buying the EU switch pack and plugging it in! I'd love the option to use the DRLs during the day instead of the headlights. :nerd:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I was disappointed when I realized mine didn't have the drl switch. I wish it was as simple as buying the EU switch pack and plugging it in! I'd love the option to use the DRLs during the day instead of the headlights. :nerd:
It's almost as "simple" as putting the switch on. This dude bought himself the EU switch for his US model 2016 Speed Triple and made it so he can run just the DRL: http://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum/speed-triple-1050-11/32906-speed-2016-using-led-drl.html

It's not that terribly complicated but it will be time consuming running all the wires (and getting to all the wires).

It's doable, and I think it's neat, but not worth the trouble IMO.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Little update on my RS.

I brought it in Monday for its 500 miles service. They also were checking the front brake that was hanging up, the clutch that i thought was way to noisy, and the cam cover that leaked oil. ***?! 500 miles and already problems. Although they are all minor problems i am still a bit worried. Im glad i sprung for the ADDITIONAL 4 year warranty, so she is covered for 6 total years.

Overall, i love this bike though. She rides amazing, corners like a beast, and although i havent opened her up yet, the power delivery is awesome.

Im picking it up today, so i can ride this weekend. Hopefully have it all fixed by next week. Ill keep every updated. Let me know if anyone else has come across these issues.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Little update on my RS.

I brought it in Monday for its 500 miles service. They also were checking the front brake that was hanging up, the clutch that i thought was way to noisy, and the cam cover that leaked oil. ***?!
Might want to check the engine covers and oil pan for loose bolts too.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Congrats 9990!

Having start up issues when she's cold. Have to hit the ignition 4-5 times before she turns over. Going to have to take her in Saturday to get looked at. Wonder if anyone else is having this issue as well. Knowing my luck it's probably just me. ?
It's the adaptive tune. Dealer flubbed setting it up right.
You can fix easily as I did by the 15 min adaptive tune. No tools needed

101 - 120 of 853 Posts