Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

841 - 853 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I doubt they would put a cruise control on a bike made for the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
In the aftermarket...
For something like $3k at the moment - 25% of the bike's total cost....

Which brings up a salient point - one that is not original, but was mentioned by Lemmy in Revzilla's review of the new 765 Street Triple a year or so ago. There is a bit of confusion in the way this bike is positioned. Note that the bike is the "Street" Triple - not the "Track" Triple. Triumph already has that bike - it's called the Daytona. While they openly sell the RS version as the version tuned for the track, the fact that it is still a naked, non-clip on, easy geometry, non-track rearset, no auto-blipper, etc. bike (sold as the 'track-ready" version) results in a bit of of a mixed message.

That mixed message can be also demonstrated by just reading this page of posts....i.e. "Where is the cruise control?" - "It's not going to have it, it's a track bike". "Then where is the auto-blipper?". I submit that the "Street" Triple maybe should have had some type of throttle boss - you know, for the street. If the RS was specifically meant for the track - then give it an auto-blipper and maybe reserve the throttle boss for the R and S versions.

The Speed Triple - with all the bells and whistles included - is a hooligan bike, pure and simple. I'm not at all surprised the top of the line, no holds barred, torque monster offering from Triumph gets everything. But I would submit that our Street Triples, in this series, have some issues slotting into any genre, especially given the existence and purpose of the Daytona right alongside.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Weight and engine size of the Speed is enough to differentiate. No reason the lower torque Street RS shouldn't get all the bells and whistles, or at least be factory optional.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Weight and engine size of the Speed is enough to differentiate. No reason the lower torque Street RS shouldn't get all the bells and whistles, or at least be factory optional.
Concur - but as I said, I'm not surprised (about the Speed Triple's outfitting). What I was trying to point out is the 'dyslexic' place the Street Triple occupies at the moment - especially with the RS being positioned as a 'track-ready' bike. That engenders the kind of questions and responses on this page, of which yours is very revealing (above). I was trying to support your implied argument in that regard.

As a note, I've clearly stated in another thread (one more dedicated to cruise control) that everything already exists on the 765 R and RS models to implement cruise control. The ride by wire throttle (ECU interpreted and controlled fuel delivery based on electronic signal relating to physical position) system and computer interface are all that's needed - apart from the software module programming, to include how that programming is activated by the pilot. So in effect, I've already argued extensively to support your statement in another setting as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ok I change my opinion so it is not because it is a track bike. It’s because it’s built to some price point and Cc did not fit in the excel. There’s a chance that they will like to match ktm 790 one day if the sales go down. Anyway it would make more sense to me if they went with auto blipper (which is more like $1000 from rapidbike with the Evo module) than Cc. Still I look forward to MotoGP2 and all stuff that would come with that.

And as to the speedy3 glory...well I hope that it will be as reliable as the streety since for now people are reporting different faults resulting in going to the service on a lorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looking for rearsets - to do the opposite of what most people want - I want to make the ride angle "less" agressive - Will it work ? Can I use rearsets to push the footrest forward?
Any views are highly appreciated.
Using a used 4500 km Tiumph Street Triple S

·
Registered
81 Posts

Attachments

841 - 853 of 853 Posts