Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

521 - 540 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Seen on a motorcycle at the dealership.
Epoxy paint.personally.
I do not like.We only see that on the bike. This red part.
Much prettier with white.But as the white is not available for the RS ...
Maybe that the English stylists think the same thing as me.

I actually like how that looks, but I think they got the color of red wrong. It looks too bright. If it was the same color as on the R model then I think it would be awesome.

Maybe I’ll look into getting it powder coated... Does anyone have any idea how to find the correct, precise color?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Does anyone have a way of finding out the version number of the firmware running on the TFT screens for R and RS models? Reason I'm asking is if you notice closely - the icon for the theme styles as shown on a downloadable wallpaper from Triumph is different to what's on my screen right now. I.e. the desktop wallpaper shows a multi-page icon whereas the icon currently on my RS looks more like an eye.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bar End Mirrors

I just purchased a 2018 Street Triple R in Matte Aluminum! I decided to purchase some Triumph Bar End Mirrors (Part #A9638117). I received them yesterday, however I have a question as far as fitment. I took off the end cap and there was about an inch of exposed bar at the end and the screw housing. I tried to slide the mirrors on the exposed bar at the end, however it was not wanting to slide on and I didn't want to force it. I ended up putting the caps that came with the kit and just attached the mirrors to that, however the exposed bar is still there. Is there something else I need to do for fitment? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Ethan

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look at post 522 a few posts up, those are different mirrors.
Thanks xor be. I saw that. As mine was the 'R' it just came with regular mirrors, but since I wanted the bar end mirrors I just ordered the mirrors Triumph Parts website recommended. The ones I got are a lot smaller, but not sure if they can be fitted to the bar itself or not even though the part says it will for my VIN.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think the rs bars and mirrors are the same as speed triple so maybe same for the 765 r as well. if so, you can consider aftermarket or triumph mirrors for the speed '16 and 17 models; there should be some.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just purchased a 2018 Street Triple R in Matte Aluminum! I decided to purchase some Triumph Bar End Mirrors (Part #A9638117). I received them yesterday, however I have a question as far as fitment. I took off the end cap and there was about an inch of exposed bar at the end and the screw housing. I tried to slide the mirrors on the exposed bar at the end, however it was not wanting to slide on and I didn't want to force it. I ended up putting the caps that came with the kit and just attached the mirrors to that, however the exposed bar is still there. Is there something else I need to do for fitment? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Ethan
Those look suspiciously similar to the Rizoma bar end mirrors I got for my 2018 R. Without the insert they were too lose, but with the insert they seemed too tight to slide in with a gentle push. I kept the tighter inserts and had to use a rubber mallet to get them in, since I apparently have the weakness of a newborn baby. Once you get past the initial "oh my gosh i'm going to eff everything up", all was fine. You can also loosen that screw nearly all the way out and pry the two metal pieces ever-so-slightly outward to increase the diameter of the hole (make sure not to scratch anything), that should help get them in but you'll still likely need that rubber mallet.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Thanks!
Ethan
I can’t help you with your mirrors, but DAMN does that red stitching on the seat look good!

·
Premium Member
8,628 Posts
It’s a connection for a battery tender.

Nice car.
Really? It doesn't look very "generic" - like an SAE connector. Is there a specific tender they are hoping you will buy?

Googling...

It appears they want you to buy theirs, A9930412, which is a Triumph branded TecMate Optimate 3+.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Really? It doesn't look very "generic" - like an SAE connector. Is there a specific tender they are hoping you will buy?

Googling...

It appears they want you to buy theirs, A9930412, which is a Triumph branded TecMate Optimate 3+.
Wait, how did that get there? Factory installed? Did you buy the bike used?

·
Premium Member
8,628 Posts
It could have also been installed by the dealer during the PDI.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mine came with regular battery plug, not that crazy one. Well, I should check that it doesn't have a second funny one I guess.

521 - 540 of 853 Posts