Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

461 - 480 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ran a battery tender lead up to the front of the bike to power my GPS. I got a 6 footer and had to bury some length under the seat but it was easy enough to snake to the front of the bike. There is a little frame mounted bracket ahead of the tank on the left side that various cables run through. I was able to get the lead in there too so it's a nice clean install.

I've got a y-cable for the lead and a Battery tender USB adapter so I can power two things at once if needed.

http://www.remybattery.com/battery-tender-quick-disconnect-usb-charger.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI15L-n_Dv1QIVhoSzCh1eVQNAEAQYASABEgJWqfD_BwE

Edit: Now with Pics..

·
Registered
214 Posts
I ran a battery tender lead up to the front of the bike to power my GPS. I got a 6 footer and had to bury some length under the seat but it was easy enough to snake to the front of the bike. There is a little frame mounted bracket ahead of the tank on the left side that various cables run through. I was able to get the lead in there too so it's a nice clean install.
Thanks, got a 6 foot male-female USB cord with a waterproof cover on the female end, ran it down the left side of the bike. I had to lift up the fuel tank by removing the 2 bolts on top, which then made it easy to snake the cable down past the fuel tank and to the passenger seat and into the USB connector. All in all pretty easy.

I did find some sort of capped connector under the front of the fuel tank, had 3 wires on it if I remember correctly. Wonder what that one is for...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tyre Pressure supercorsa sp
Street rs
The manual recommendations is:
Front 2.35 bar
Rear 2.9 bar

Pirellis recommendations is:
Front 2-2,2 bar
Rear 1,6-1,8 bar
I suppose this is track recommendations.

What do you all use? Road and track.

Sent fra min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
Expect the street triple to win bike of the year awards from at least 5 publications for its first year.
That sort of depends on how much Triumph greases the skids with ad revenue and freebees.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tyre Pressure supercorsa sp
Street rs
The manual recommendations is:
Front 2.35 bar
Rear 2.9 bar

Pirellis recommendations is:
Front 2-2,2 bar
Rear 1,6-1,8 bar
I suppose this is track recommendations.

What do you all use? Road and track.

Sent fra min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
I'm 83kg and for the road F34 psi R38 psi

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quick question: took the bike to the dealer for the 500 mile service, and noticed afterward that my clutch cable now runs over the ignition (see pic).
I don't quite recall how it ran before the dealer adjusted things, should it run above the ignition? And to adjust it, do I simply loosen the smaller silver knurled knob and just twist the cable, then re-tighten? The bigger silver knob doesn't seem to do anything....

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quick question: took the bike to the dealer for the 500 mile service, and noticed afterward that my clutch cable now runs over the ignition (see pic).
I don't quite recall how it ran before the dealer adjusted things, should it run above the ignition? And to adjust it, do I simply loosen the smaller silver knurled knob and just twist the cable, then re-tighten? The bigger silver knob doesn't seem to do anything....
No need to loosen anything. That metal sleeve coming from the adjuster twists freely. Just give it a twist to put it where you like it. You might need to fiddle it a bit since the cable is putting pressure on it from the inside but it will move with little effort.

·
Registered
672 Posts
they adjusted the clutch lever and repositioned the guide without paying too much attention.
as Kawabunga rightly says: it is sufficient to disengage it,to rotate it and then the cable will be better placed again

·
Registered
214 Posts
In case anyone is wondering about the R&G radiator guard, I just installed one on my 2018 Triple. Easy enough install, just need to loosen 2 top bolts and remove 1 bottom bold, all 8 mm. The top 2 bolts are easier with a flex-bit. Everything fits nice, don't forget to put a zip tie on the left hand side of the rad guard (LHS if you're sitting on the bike). If you don't want to see the foam spacers from the side, you need to place them a little more toward the inside of the rad guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
I installed Watsen LED turn signals on my 765. I took these off my Speed prior to trading it in, so they were the "short" version. I tried installing them as they were but they did not stick out far enough for adequate visibility. So I ordered extensions to turn them into the "tall" version.
So, if you want some Watsen turn signals for your 765, order the tall ones. Bright as hell and barely noticeable when they're off. I dig 'em.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
kawabunga,

Are those torx head bolts in the pic? I need to get a set of bits for that type of fitting.

·
Registered
780 Posts
kawabunga,

Are those torx head bolts in the pic? I need to get a set of bits for that type of fitting.
You don't need to undo any torx bolts to install the Watsen turn signals. However, since there's a fair amount of torx bolts on these bikes it's a good idea to have a set anyway.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi just pickup my street triple rs and have 2 question for u guys.

Anybody have remove the reflectors on the forks ? How?

Looking for techspec snake skin do old model fit 2013-on or theres a specific 2018 one?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Congrat on the new bike.
The reflectors are just stuck on with double sided sticky. Just twist them off and remove the residue with WD40 or similar being carefull not to scratch the finish on the forks. Fingernails worked for me.

Your next question will be "how do I get this silly smile off my face ?" Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrat on the new bike.
The reflectors are just stuck on with double sided sticky. Just twist them off and remove the residue with WD40 or similar being carefull not to scratch the finish on the forks. Fingernails worked for me.

Your next question will be "how do I get this silly smile off my face ?" Enjoy the ride.
Heat them with a hair dryer and get a can of adhesive remover from an auto parts store, works best.

461 - 480 of 853 Posts