Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 853 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been lots of talk about the new bike over the past few months. Ive been following lots of threads and reading peoples opinions.

So, the question is, whos getting one?

I pick mine up today after work. Needless today im worthless while sitting in the office today.

2018 Street Triple RS - Matte Silver.

Cannot. Wait.

·
Premium Member
8,381 Posts
And, pictures. Lots and lots of pictures!

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is great, new cool bike, I'm on the fence about purchasing one, I have an 09R and an 11 Daytona 675SE, both of of which are well farkled, suspension, full exhausts, GB racing protection, ect. I know I'm going to take some loss when I sell them and to be realistic, to buy a new RS(the one I would want), I'll be selling both of them to finance one bike. If possible I hope to test ride one before I make a decision. From everything I've read and watched the new bike is a good upgrade, just want to make sure it's the bike I really want for the money it is going to cost, but you do get some good components with the new bike and there should be nothing too bad to purchase aftermarket wise after the initial purchase. Then again it's hard to leave these bikes stock the longer you own them. I do have a dealer ready to contact me when they get their bikes, he said toward end of May but that's great you got one already. Congrats on the new bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You!

Its the first one they got, i put a deposit down over two months ago. My dealer is only getting one other black one for a while so it should be a unicorn in my area. (Southwest Michigan)

Im (not) patiently waiting at work to go pick her up at 5:30.

·
Super Moderator
4,661 Posts
I have almost as much money in work into my bike as I paid for it as new. As it sits it's so far beyond the new one the thought of the investment to get the new one to where it is now is just too daunting. The new bike does look like a great bike though and a great starting point is you want to go further.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The dealer just got the VIN for my matte silver RS yesterday. It should be at the dealer and ready for pick up next week . I have a 2013 street triple r that I am trading in so I will try to update everyone on the differences. I was going to wait for the R version because I think it will be the the best version for every day riding but realistically then won't be in the dealers hands until July. But at 11450 for the silver that's to close to the RS to give up the goodies

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,381 Posts
I have almost as much money in work into my bike as I paid for it as new. As it sits it's so far beyond the new one the thought of the investment to get the new one to where it is now is just too daunting. The new bike does look like a great bike though and a great starting point is you want to go further.
I'm pretty much in the same boat, plus being initially of the mind that I would never sell it, I passed a few stock parts onto others. Returning it to stock would be a daunting task. The new one does look great, but would I really be able to notice/extract the benefits from it? I think not; mine will do for now. Now...if they do bring out the RT in a little bit, a slightly more touring oriented one could be of yuge interest to me. I could rationalize it easily, because I would be saving money not buying the R1200RS of which I've been dreaming.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congrats, Daytona! Let me now if you find yourself riding in the east part of the state. :)

Mac, BKK, that's how I feel about my bike, though I suspect at least half of my mods would bolt onto the new bike. All I know is that I won't be upgrading this year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats, Daytona! Let me now if you find yourself riding in the east part of the state.

Mac, BKK, that's how I feel about my bike, though I suspect at least half of my mods would bolt onto the new bike. All I know is that I won't be upgrading this year.
Where you located? Im in Holland(Grand Rapids area)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm pretty much in the same boat, plus being initially of the mind that I would never sell it, I passed a few stock parts onto others. Returning it to stock would be a daunting task. The new one does look great, but would I really be able to notice/extract the benefits from it? I think not; mine will do for now. Now...if they do bring out the RT in a little bit, a slightly more touring oriented one could be of yuge interest to me. I could rationalize it easily, because I would be saving money not buying the R1200RS of which I've been dreaming.
My CBR 650F has just about the same amount of milage on its odometer, <400km. It's now a chore to ride to knead the tyres and brake pads. The new RS makes breaking it in such a pleasure. I'm aware that the Triple is a much better than the CBR 650F. The RS is simply more pleasurable than a younger sister in law lol ( I don't break the third commandment of Buddhism)>:).

·
Premium Member
8,381 Posts
There weren't too many Street Triples around 2561 years ago, when Buddhism was founded.

·
Registered
780 Posts
My local dealer messaged me saying they got two RS models in on Friday so I went and picked one up on Saturday
Traded my 2016 Speed R and absolutely loving it!
I cannot wait to get it broke in and really find out what it's got. I'm still taking it easy and I'm already impressed.
I missed the Street platform. This new RS is an excellent evolution of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 853 Posts