Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

141 - 160 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I think the coolest thing Triumph has done with the Speedmaster thus far is to still... STIIIILL... not have the accessories configurer up to see what cool items one could buy.

I mean, it’s the holidays... Everyone is waaaay too busy purchasing gifts & such to have time to purchase Triumph accessory gifts & such for friends and/or family with this bike on order. What the sh*t does the corporate section of Triumph do all day? (I mean besides forward ‘cat playing the piano e-mails’ back & forth and flirt with others in the office. Or go in the bathroom & take selfies.)

Marketing 101 = No one. I mean NO ONE buys overpriced genuine accessories during the holidays while willingly going overboard with gifts to those they love... It’s best practice to wait until January when the average person is broke from overspending. #Unreal

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I think the coolest thing Triumph has done with the Speedmaster thus far is to still... STIIIILL... not have the accessories configurer up to see what cool items one could buy.

I mean, it’s the holidays... Everyone is waaaay too busy purchasing gifts & such to have time to purchase Triumph accessory gifts & such for friends and/or family with this bike on order. What the sh*t does the corporate section of Triumph do all day? (I mean besides forward ‘cat playing the piano e-mails’ back & forth and flirt with others in the office. Or go in the bathroom & take selfies.)

Marketing 101 = No one. I mean NO ONE buys overpriced genuine accessories during the holidays while willingly going overboard with gifts to those they love... It’s best practice to wait until January when the average person is broke from overspending. #Unreal
haha, I've said it before. The best thing Triumph could do to move more units is fire everyone on their marketing team and outsource it to a real marketing firm.
One thing is for sure Triumph knows shat about marketing. See the original Bobber video for example, comic gold.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts

I check the site at least every other day to see if the configurator has been added. I remember doing the same thing for the Bobber when they added it to their site.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
stopped in hermy's in port clinton pa, they said prolly march of 18 for it, looking forward to it!! should be few bugs as its essentially a bobber, could do without the 16" tractor tyres though!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I check the site at least every other day to see if the configurator has been added. I remember doing the same thing for the Bobber when they added it to their site.
I can save you a little time and frustration. Per Triumph USA's facebook page: "The new Speedmaster will appear in the configurator in January."

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Maybe Guzzi and Triumph have been sharing the same marketing resources. Guzzi's 2016 V9 introductory video was a bit odd (maybe even disturbing) too.

https://youtu.be/ppyK9M5Zysc

Back to the 2018 Speedmaster discussion now.
Skinny jeans, brown lace up boots and beards. All the cool kids are doing it. bawahaha,
Seems to be the customer they're chasing these days. They better get the cash from em as soon as they can as their attention span is short lived.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Disaster.

having paid a £500 deposit on the Speedmaster 2018, the Birmingham dealership has announced it will close in December. This follows the recent closure of our Wolverhampton dealership (the nearest to me).

I'm going to have to try and get my money back. What the hell is going on with Triumph? You can't keep announcing new models but closing dealerships: something is wrong with the money somewhere. Are Triumph going bust?

Looks like I'll be looking to Guzzi or Honda for my next bike.

Beerman

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
having paid a £500 deposit on the Speedmaster 2018, the Birmingham dealership has announced it will close in December. This follows the recent closure of our Wolverhampton dealership (the nearest to me).
Birmingham is a large market. Another one not opening up in its place?

Stratford too far for you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Disaster.

I'm going to have to try and get my money back. What the hell is going on with Triumph? You can't keep announcing new models but closing dealerships: something is wrong with the money somewhere. Are Triumph going bust?

Looks like I'll be looking to Guzzi or Honda for my next bike.

Beerman
No but they deserve too, its all about the money make as cheap as possible in a foreign land and sell for big bucks living off a brand from yesteryear, just a matter of time before people twig and vote with their wallets. come spring im hoping to offload mine if the petrol tank doesnt get any worse.

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
@ Beerman,

Staffs Triumph is approx 40 miles from you, I know quite a few of the TOMCC boys from your area have bought from them, they're similar distance from me & I've bought my last 3 bikes there. I have a dealer 12 miles away but get a better deal off Tiko (sales guy).

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
dealers are being PUSHED by triumph + others to have dedicated aka only triumph or others in one area, luckily my BMW Triumph dealer complied + still operating but prices went up!!! i tried to get a decent trade + buy but went 100 miles north + saved a THOUSAND BUCKS on a $8,500 bike without trade!!! like to support local but thats too much difference $$$$ for his new addition!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
@ Beerman,

Staffs Triumph is approx 40 miles from you, I know quite a few of the TOMCC boys from your area have bought from them, they're similar distance from me & I've bought my last 3 bikes there. I have a dealer 12 miles away but get a better deal off Tiko (sales guy).
Thank Paul49. It's the hassle of servicing the bike at a dealer that far away that doesn't appeal. I've cancelled my order for now, and will watch and wait (and perhaps get tempted elsewhere!).

Disappointing, but there you go.

Beerman

·
Registered
358 Posts
could do without the 16" tractor tyres though!!!
Same here, and big time. In fact it would be a deal breaker for me. But i really think we will see more variants and IMO very likely to be a cast wheel version with a normal sized front. There are just too many people who'd prefer that to pass what could potentially be maybe 25-50% more sales of the SM. Thats what they did with the america after all. The america came out with spoked wheels and a year later the cast wheel version with dual front discs and a tach debuted, which as you know was the speedmaster ! Things are looking suspiciously similar !

·
Registered
212 Posts
Same here, and big time. In fact it would be a deal breaker for me. But i really think we will see more variants and IMO very likely to be a cast wheel version with a normal sized front. There are just too many people who'd prefer that to pass what could potentially be maybe 25-50% more sales of the SM. Thats what they did with the america after all. The america came out with spoked wheels and a year later the cast wheel version with dual front discs and a tach debuted, which as you know was the speedmaster ! Things are looking suspiciously similar !
Count me in on the tach and cast wheels. I've had the spoked wheels on many bikes. Yes, they look sharp, but they are harder to maintain. Also, a tach on a high torque engine with six speeds makes sense... after all isn't that included on the other 1200s? In other words, they need to have more options other than accessory kits, but real-world wheel options would increase sales right off the bat IMHO.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Count me in on the tach and cast wheels. I've had the spoked wheels on many bikes. Yes, they look sharp, but they are harder to maintain. Also, a tach on a high torque engine with six speeds makes sense... after all isn't that included on the other 1200s? In other words, they need to have more options other than accessory kits, but real-world wheel options would increase sales right off the bat IMHO.
I didn't say it doesn't have a tach, i was saying how the old america didn't have one and the next year the speedmaster cruiser debuted and it had one along with cast wheels and double front discs. Just saying maybe thats what'll happen here. After all, they certainly know there are many of us that don't want a spoked tractor wheel and would like the rest. So a few updates and they have a new model that will sell quite a few more. Thats what they did with the america and speedmaster so i have a feeling that could be up thier sleeve for next year. They tend to do this a lot so i'd be more surprised if they didn't than did. I would be willing to trade the thunderbird in for that, tho not sure i can afford to with my financial situation as of the last couple years. but it would definitely have me thinking of ways to afford it.

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
The new Speedmaster has the same suspension travel as the Bobber with 90/77mm of travel. Will that be an issue on the UK roads with potholes & speed humps? I spoke to a guy with a Bobber, he wasn't happy, said he was changing to something with more suspension.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
the 16" tractor tyres + wire wheels help soak up the bumps, but a 17" cast wheel setup with better riding + handling radial tyres that can be repaired on the road + change easier without a tube would suit me better!!! OE's often take the lowest bidder for high volume parts like tyres, on that note i see Polaris dumped the cheap crappy Kendas everyone was complaining about!!! the bean $$$$$ counters are always at it!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
THIS RIGHT HERE is what all the complainers seem to forget. Everyone (Yes, I'm generalizing) is talking like this is the last year that Triumph comes out with anything new or any variations on new. I love a whole lot of things about this new Speedmaster, but, like everyone and every bike, there are things I would want differently if I could do a "one off". I'm not a huge fan of the look or the feel of bubble tires. I like the look and ease of cast wheels over spokes. I'm not sold on the beach bars. I would actually like less chrome like my current Speedy. But guaranteed they will massage things for next year, and/or offer more accessories. And the next. And the next. Patience people. This all can't be done in one night.
So they will either offer something closer to my perfect bike, or I can do it myself. I mean, really? Has anyone ever bought a motorcycle and not changed at lease a few things?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
What about their inspiration kits? You can change out the handle bars, change seats, etc. Didn't see anything about the wheels, though. Looking back at the Bobber, they're releasing a blacked out version, so I would say there will be additional styles and variations trickling out over time.

For me, I really want a cruiser and being somewhat of a Triumph fanboy (alb, my experience is limited) the Speedmaster seems like a good fit. It's got the Bobber grunt with more comfort. I hope the beach bars are easy to get used to. :vroom

141 - 160 of 365 Posts