Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

201 - 220 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
the vic jackpot is a factory custom, a beauty for sure, kinda a hammer with custom paint + skinny front tyre for style. my hammer with forward controls spoiled me + although my 2012 base bonnie is light + nimble its slightly rearset pegs are not as comfortable as i age!! hence my interest in the speedmaster.

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
The more I see it, the more I like it. Not sure on the tank size, maybe it's been designed in line with suspension travel & numb bum.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I've been told $21,000 Aust. on the road here for the black a couple of hundred more for the red and black& white.Plus 2-3 hundred for mirors,a touring seat and it's $22,000 +

·
Registered
80 Posts
How can Triumph justify the price increase here? $13500 USD is $17000 - ish. Surely on-road costs cant be in the vicinity of $6500??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Still seems a bit on the expensive side to me - its more than the Thruxton which I thought was the 'flagship' . Anyway its a really nice looking ride I look forward to seeing one for real - hopefully soon

·
Registered
259 Posts
the vic jackpot is a factory custom, a beauty for sure, kinda a hammer with custom paint + skinny front tyre for style. my hammer with forward controls spoiled me + although my 2012 base bonnie is light + nimble its slightly rearset pegs are not as comfortable as i age!! hence my interest in the speedmaster.
Yeah my Jackpot is the tequila gold extreme graphics. Get comments every time I ride it. Prior owner added chrome swingarm, LED turnsignals that wrap around the forks, rear LED fender strip, side plate, Ness grips and pegs all around, Ness swept pipes etc. And then I guess he barely rode it. Bought it last summer with 3600 miles and it's a 2010. Paid $6000 and he probably had well over $20 grand in it. New tires and it doesn't have a mark on it. I love it. Right now I have Thruxton 1200 fever. Think I'm going to add one to the fleet. But I hear you about the pegs. I have a billy bar on my Bonnie so I can get my legs out. The Jackpot of course is forward controls, If I get the Thruxton I'll use it more for shorter jaunts. At 66 legs tucked gets a little painful. Knees feel fine, but my legs just start aching after a while. If i stop every hour or so for five minutes it's fine, but if I'm solo I tend to just keep going.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
As the launch reviews and details have rolled in I've been struck that so many comments have fixated almost exclusively on price. To me it seems roughly comparable, or even less expensive, than Indian or HD bikes in the same engine size/design range. It costs what it costs (I'm just glad I don't live Down Under!). And if you are looking for a bike with this vibe the only other comparable 'old school/new tech' are offerings like the CB1100 and new Kawasaki Z900RS. The Honda is nice to be sure - but I rode it and the T120 and we know how that turned out. Looked at the Z last week and was not really impressed. Seemed a bit cobbled together from a sport bike, rather than a singular design.

The only Speedmaster negatives in reviews so far seem to focus on a bit of dodgy low rpm take up - and pegs that drag a bit too easily... motorcycle reviewers almost always complain about scrapping pegs, I think to try and impress readers that they scrape pegs.

In the end, our deposit is down and I think we get the first one locally. Can't wait to ride one and decide... or more accurately for my wife to ride and decide. It will be hers. G'Day!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Ralph Moore

Mate you are right! Triumph make a quality motorcycle and the finish and attention to detail is amazing, so the old saying ' you get what you pay for' is so true in this case.

Its just that I am a cheap slob - hey my current ride is a 1998 Trophy 1200 with over 180,000 kms on the speedo that I paid $3500 Australian for two years ago.

The Speedmaster looks soooooo cool I am tempted to take oe for a spin when they are released, but if I try to bring another motorcycle home I may not have a home to go to........................... lol

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
358 Posts
Seems too high to me. I paid $1400 USD out the door for my Tbird and with fees and all I'd likely end up well over that for the speedmaster. And that was even high. I could have gone elsewhere and got it for a grand less, $1300 if i had waited. (was one of the first ones in so cal when they debuted) Granted, i bought mine 8 years ago but still. A 1700 vs a 1200 should not be such that 8 years later the 1200 costs more. I was considering downsizing but no way at that $. Maybe in a few years when due to triumph's poor resale they start showing up used with low miles for 1/2 of what they went for OTD. In fact, due to poor resale i'm seeing that as the only way to buy a triumph these days.

201 - 220 of 365 Posts